What's new

Outside temperature indicator

Tjsmudger

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
I posted a few month back regarding if my 04 type-s tourer had a outside temperature indicator on the dash display. Was told that it only came on the facelift unfortunately but tonight on my way home this evening in a hailstorm,the mileage digits changed to a outside temperature indicator displaying 3 degrees. Can I not keep this on? Like scroll to it somehow?? Many thanks

On my (pre-facelift) '05 tourer I can have odometer, temp, trip A and trip B selectable by pressing the knob thingie that sets the dial brightness. As far as I know they stay as selected -I usually leave it on temp to take my mind off my ever climbing mileage. The temperature flashes if the temperature falls through 3 degrees to warn of possible ice.

Yep! Just fiddle with your knob. That should get you what you want. :blink:

Always works that, never fails!

Just realised it was a mpg reading I was asking for months ago!

Guys, good to know how this works. But has it occured to anyone that the temp. indicator is not very accurate? Even when starting with a cold engine or driving above 50kmh...
It always shows approx 3 degrees more then the real temp is.

You can recalibrate the display by +_ 3 degrees, but I can't remember how now. Do a search.

MattyB801 said:
You can recalibrate the display by +_ 3 degrees, but I can't remember how now. Do a search.
Just did a search Matt. Could not dfinf anything.
Maybe anyone else know how to recalibrate it?

quick update on how to calibrate found on internet:
- Ignition switch to ON position
- Push and hold the select button (trip odometer button) for 10 seconds. While you continue to hold the button the display will scroll through temperature settings from +3 to -3 degress as follows, 0, 1, 2, 3, -3, -2, -1, and repeat.
- When the desired correction value appears on the display, release the button, and the recalibrated outside air temp. will be displayed

Hope it will be usefull to other users.