What's new

Ozhonda forums shutting down after 15 years

Richard B

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 Tourer
It had been dying for years, with the quality of the site slipping into something halfway to 4chan, just nonsense, really. But people were also occasionally helpful, and posted some great build projects and documented procedures.

The site owner, long MIA, has decided to pull the plug, and even though some people want to take over hosting, the owner is so disinterested his inbox is returning maxed out error messages, and nobody knows anything.

Hopefully the site will remain static as a resource, and no longer serve as a forum.

I've left a post in the Accord section of the site suggesting Accord owners could join here, and we might see one or two refugees, or none at all.

Thanks for the heads up, sad news but in reality nothing lasts forever.

I ran the UK MX6 owners club/forums from 2006 until 2013... I tried for 7-8 months to find some one to take it over without success... so had to shutter it. Always a shame when you can't find any one to take it over or the owner no longer cares about sorting it out.

Most of the online communities I have been part of over the years were either wiped out by Facebook or poor moderation.

accord_n22 said:
I remember civic sports club and then civiclife when I had my civic back in the days. They are all gone now.
I was on both. Really informative and busy forums back in the day.

I was on both. Really informative and busy forums back in the day.
Haha, I spent alot on time on there too, especially through my uni days.
Learnt so much about cars and maintenance from those 2 forums.

Numerous forums I've enjoyed over the years have all suffered thanks to Facebook, I think hand held devices over a windows pc is a factor too.