What's new

P0087 fuel pressure too low

Insurgent

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 08 i-dtec EX
Hi,

My idtec has gone into limp mode on two occasions recently and the engine management light comes on. After a pause of a minute or two, I start it up again and its back to normal but the engine management lights stays on for at least a day.

I have now had the code read and it comes up as:

P0087 fuel pressure too low

Any ideas on the root cause please?

All things point to a Fuel Filter. Whats your mileage, when was it last changed and was it a dealer filter

It's probably the fuel filter... when was it last changed and was it the correct model specified by Honda?

EDIT - beaten to it by Sal!

I note we are talking about an IDTEC here, which might not suffer from exactly the same issues as the ICTDI.

You may want to consider having a full engine diagnostic carried out. I offer these in Halifax, drop me a line for details and pricing.

A very likely cause is the Fuel Filter, although I do know IDTEC's have suffered from EGR problems also.

I don't know about the history of the fuel filter but it was changed yesterday with parts supplied by Hold croft, so I will see if this issue manifests itself again.

On both occasions I had ragged it on the motorway and then stuck in cruise at 70ish, it would only go into limp mode when I slowed down to 30mph or so.

Imran has this just happened since you had the filter changed ?
If so you have have air in the fuel system and it hasent been bled proper

Hi, Brett

Fuel filter was only changed yesterday and the incident has not happened since. The two incidents were all prior to the fuel filtering change.

Then it was probably the ff mate.
Just keep an eye on it and hopefully this has sorted the problem