P1259 CEL - F18B2 Accord CG8

aire91

Members
Reaction score
Car
'02 1.8 Sport
Hi,

My name is Hassan, I've an '02 Accord 1.8 Sport -

Just bought the car and it's CEL has come on, I've read the code and it's showing P1259 VTEC malfunction -

Checked oil level was empty so did a full service, reset ECU and the light came back on after 20miles, checked the vtec solenoid and cleaned the terminal with pressured air still no joy. I have had a few accords and civics with problems but have never come across this code.

Any help would greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure the 6th gen boys will be along shortly to help you out buddy.

Hi mate,
did u replace the solenoid gasket? as if the fine mesh is clogged it will put the management light on.

did u check the vtec solenoid is functional?

Thank you Steve. -

Tony, haven't checked solenoid mesh, how do I get to it? It's very difficult to get to with 1/2 inch sockets lol. Are there any DIY guides around? Can't find a detailed one.

Vtec solenoid is functional, plungers working fine.

I did have a word with one of the lads at vtec direct, he mentioned it may be an oil pressure switch on the block?

Thanks guys, appreciate the help :)

D series engines are so much easier to work with haha

I got the same, did you get yours solved in the end?

edited, ignore this just found responses on other thread

Did you change your vtec solenoid? Sometime clenaing the solenoid helps.

not yet, no, been meaning to ask (maybe a dumb question haha) when I take that off, will a load of oil leak out, or is that a dry part of the system, as it were?