What's new

P2004 fault code on a 2006 Honda Accord

saeana

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi guys

A few days ago the engine management light came on whilst driving. To my surprise the performance of the car wasn't affected so I kept driving on my journey until I got home and took the car for diagnostic to the local garage the next day. By that time the engine management light had gone off. When the mechanic connected the diagnostic machine he got the code P2004. He didn't seem very clued on about what it meant but he said I think your car just needs a good run and it's nothing serious. Obviously I knew this wasn't the cause as the car gets a good run out all the time. I do good amount of mileage every week and it's mainly motorway mileage.
I have continued driving the car since and every once in a while the light will come back on and then it goes off again.
I had a look around online and on the forum and came across the code being an issue with the solenoid valve.I read that this was a common problem with the part and that on my model the part is changed so that I can get away by just changing the valve.
Can anyone advise me if that is the correct thing to do. Also would you have it done at main dealers or can I just get a local garage to do it.

Just do it yourself. I don't think it's alot of work. I know my brother has done it in his Vaxhual zafira

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. Would I need to change the valve, filter or both?

The reason this is happening is because your egr is leaking, blocking the inlet manifold and restricting the movement of the intake manifold flap and eventually damaging the actuator.

Changing the imrc actuator will temporarily solve it but you'll end up killing this too.

To properly solve it, have the inlet manifold cleaned out, blank the egr and remap.

Drop me a line if you want pricing for egr off and tuning.