What's new

P2010 Fault code

shaun75

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord iDtec
Hi Guys i had P2010 fault code appear over the weekend no limp mode so i just reset it with my OBD meter i've done 300 plus miles since & no sign of a problem even my MPG is at its best ever over the 60,000 miles that ive had the car.

It seems its the same fault as Gen 7 P2004? INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL STUCK OPEN (BANK 1)

Anyone had any problems with this & will a soilnoid clean up with say WD 40 help matters ?? I know the solinoid on gen 7's was around 135.00 pound.

Cheers Shaun

Never seen this on the 8th gen yet, but this is part of the reason we egr off and blank the valve to prevent ingress of soot getting in and blocking the inlet

Nice to be 1st at something lol !!! Even a google comes up empty regards Honda's.

Fahad i'll see how it goes if it keeps coming up i will consider mapping out EGR for now it seems ok i will give it all a clean this week.

Rather than replace the actuator, whip off the inlet and clean it properly and free up the intake flaps

OK i finally today got round to pulling the hole inlet manifold off the car for this fault code which as become a constant MIL light & limp mode fault i don't have time to do a write up now but i do have lots of pictures & tips to help anyone who dares do this job.

First I'd like to say surprisingly there was no build up of carbon so to speak & absolutely no blocked EGR valve or pipe or manifold which is not what i wanted to see as i thought this was the problem. Honda seem to have sorted blocked EGR'S with this engine ? Also this is not a true DIY job as you need a ramp the exhaust system & starter motor are best removed etc its a good 4/5 hour job to remove its very difficult to get to the EGR valve etc. If this is blocked off F8HAD can this be done at where it leaves the Exhaust manifold ? As that pipe can be removed in 1 hour or so if you have to blank at the EGR valve itself that's no fun to do mate.

As i need to get to bed i would like any feedback on this & F8HAD do you think if you blocked the EGR with a reprogramme it would take out the INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL HIGH BANK FAULT P2010 ? I have been on Lings & found part number PFKL538670 (Valve ***y,Vacuum Switch Solenoid) this is the same type vacuum valve as on a Gen 7 with a fault code note of the same description but on Gen 7 its P2004 I'm speaking to Holcrofts later he said he will speak to Honda technical to find out if this valve is responsible for this P2010 code. The price of this valve is a nice £75.66 plus Osborne's tip.

As a note its bolted up near the EGR valve so its not as easy to get at as on the Gen 7.

Hoping someone as cleared this fault as one of the valves forget the name right now is £2500 cheers Shaun.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfindy8e6gmbvtd/2016-02-23%2020.41.00.jpg?dl=0

Shaun as discussed on the phone we blank at the exhaust manifold and I can take out the problem codes. Put it all back together and get it booked in.

Cheers

Thanks Fahad will do. I've just Mr muscled the manifold & cleaned all the faces up so it's ready to go back on & wait to see if it comes back into limp mode. Bye the way I bought all the gaskets & o rings ready approx £100 I would suggest it's not worth doing but someone had to 1 gasket was on 3 weeks back order so it could put you off the road if you Don't want to use the old gaskets.

Up to now its running fine as soon as limp mode pops back then the EGR system is History but at least all that hard work hasn't caused even more problems.It so easily could be a disaster because of its location in the engine bay.

As soon as i get time I'll do a full write up but beware your taking on a big job min 12 hours of very awkward work.

A final update on this tread today I went over to Fahads place he blanked the EGR exhaust port even sorting a very stubborn snapped stud. The ECU was removed only to find the DPF remap I had 2.5 years ago they had left 2 bolts missing on the carrier & a screw loose with no sealant on the Main ECU circuit board body.
Its a good job Honda have a good cover over it,how moisture never got in there I don't know, also there were burn marks on the circuit board its self so I was lucky.
It just goes to show & I'm not going to mention the name of this company but they are on the DPF thread the post I made a couple of years ago.

Alls I can say is get over to Fahad's place, I only rang him yesterday this cars a taxi so its my living he had me come over next day, the lads in the workshop were top fella's even feeding me a home made dish I couldn't of asked for more he even checked alls OK after I got home so don't bother striping this inlet manifold off just get over to Premier Tuning.

Fahad as I'm not on Facebook/twitter etc please feel free to copy paste this over if you wish mate.

Shaun - nice to meet you mate. I'm glad the saga has ended and you can enjoy your car now :)

It seemed to glide home mate I did worry when I heard the warning bing but it was telling me the temperature had dropped to 3 degrees gets me every time that bing noise lol. Nice to have met you to after all these years, you deliver a great service for the worried limp mode motorist now I know never be frightened of the dreaded engine management light again.

Glad you're loving it mate