What's new

Paintwork

superste

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord VTEC 1.8 S
My paintwork's showing its age, dull and lifeless. Furthermore, it's got patches of odd circular scratches all round, as if the previous owner thought sandpaper was the thing to use... I've polished it with Autoglym a few times and it looks lovely in the rain (the way the water beads - oooohhh!) but dull again when it dries out. Can anyone recommend a T-cut like product (T-cut perhaps?) that's freshen it up?

you will need cutting compounds with a machine polisher to get it good can be done by hand but is a lot of work

I dont think you use T cut for this sort of stuff, you probably need to do proper detail on the car and finish off with wax, dont know much about cleaning to advise though.

If it's very light scratches I would do the following:

1) Remove any products you have on the paint work now
2) Go over the paint work with a liquid rubbing compound, by hand or machine, this should take out those light scratches
3) Polish out with Autoglym Super Resin Polish, this should fill in any remaining scratches
4) Wax to protect, just maintain the wax and you should be good to go

I've used SwirlX a few times and had great results.

Anyone used that 'Meguiars Ultimate Compound'? It looks good on YouTube for taking out swirls (I suppose it would though...)

I actually have. But i found that Swirl-X was easier to use.

Still great stuff though :) would reccomend using a machine polisher :)