What's new

Pairing bluetooth phone

Joyful

Reaction score
Car
Mk8 2009 Tourer 2.2
Any ideas on how to pair my phone to the radio. There are two phone like controls on the lower left of the steering wheel.

With bluetooth enabled my phone does not link up with the car.

I am using an android Samsung.

I'm a.s.suming you're right-hand-drive so the controls on the lower left of the steering wheel might be the display controls that you use to change type of fuel consumption display (on my car it's right where the odometer is displayed) and reset the trip recording. I'm not aware the 7th gen Accords have any built-in bluetooth capability, they don't even have an aux input as far as I'm aware.

Your best bet would be one of those FM transmitters that you plug into your 12V socket and can pair with a phone or aux cord. You then set a frequency on which it will transmit (locally, signal is just strong enough for your antenna to pick it up) and dial in the same frequency on the car's radio.

Oh right. That does indeed look phone-related haha.
Don't want to sound patronizing but did you check the owner's manual? I know mine has a load of radio-unit-related pages, I can check it later today, maybe it says something about the controls yours has as well (they usually print a single manual for all specs in Croatia).

Never seen that before and looks factory fitted too...wish my accord had it.

I've never managed to get any phone to pair with my accord, there are issues with the module or your phone might not be compatible. The list of compatible phones was short and phone tech has changed a lot since 2007

I found issues trying to pair my Samsung to my i-cdti exec, but in the manual there should be instructions on how to de-pair old phones from the module, I found 8 old phones that were still listed as devices, deleted those so it's only my phone and then it worked first time..... until the module gave up 18 months later....

My iphone 6 wont connect yet my late father in laws did. (It was his car before I inherited it) clutch went at 92K so cost me a bit with dmf replaced. been a good car apart tailgate issue and alarm but that ben sorted (bootlight faulty) on one side.)