What's new

Parking lights

Drejc112

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2012
Hi
My parking lights are dead, well just one. I know i cant get to them without removeing the bumper and headlights. My question is how much space is in there to put 32mm long led bulb?

Tbh if you look at your main high beams you'll see the parking bulb in the bottom of the reflector tbh I think you'll struggle to get it in and out with out removal of bumper/lights.

I wouldn't bother with the long leds as they don't last and you'll be having to tackle changing them again and again. Get the Philips extreme ultinon 501 led in 4000k colour they are less yellow than standard halogen 501 bulbs and should be fine for mot.
These are what I'm running and i got them in without taking off bumper although passenger side a bit tight with battery in way. You would be better taking out battery to avoid dropping bulb as you'll need to work with your fingertips otherwise.
The leds are only slightly bigger than standard bulb. Try switching them on once you've got them in the holders before inserting into headlight and if they don't light they'll need flipped 180 degrees then insert into place

Thanks ! I planed to chanege them first without removeing bumper, its not a big job but still if it goes without it would be great..

No, just the facelift model, from 2012 they are all like that, as far as i know that is.

In the UK the face lift model has the same lights as the earlier type s from what I've seen.

Dont know, i havent seen it . But it could be that they make diferent ones for diferent countrys. Mine was made for sweeden and than it was inported to slovenia. In US they had diferent lights for same model and year.

Don't think I've seen that headlight on any mk8s driving around.
Could you post up a picture of them up close during the day with lights off and on

On this link is the same model as mine, mine is 2012 year but are same model, if you look from 2008 to 2010/11 you will see that they have diferente lights, front grill is a bit diferent too , front bumper goes up in between the grill and headlights, pre facelift model has larger grill that goes from one light to the other, no bumper in between .
This is link for 2008 year

I'm guessing these where fitted to European models. In the UK the facelifts have the same as the preface minus the orange indicator lense which are then clear