What's new

Parking sensor switch - Light not working

accord1108

Members
Reaction score
Car
Ex 2.2 i-Dtec
Hello all

The green bulb has quit working in the switch for the parking sensors, are there any guides on how to remove and replace,

I think you need to get the switch out

see these guides (click to enlarge)

CU3_driver_dash_lower_cover_1.jpg

CU3_driver_dash_lower_cover_2.jpg

Brian, looking at this again, had a search for part numbers and have found the bulbs, items 16 & 12 in this link,

Do you know what the switch is for that has a red light in it, this will only come on when the ignition is off and the switch pressed, item 8 in the link, im not sure if the "vsa off" switch does anything, when pressed it doesnt latch, or seem to do anything, im thinking there should be illumination in these switches when lights are turned on, which i think is bulb 12
should the vsa switch function?

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk?block_01=17TL1901&block_02=B__1111&block_03=3365&block_05=hcr

Thanks, ive figured out that the vsa switch once held in for a couple of seconds, does actually turn off the vsa, with an orange triangle displayed in the dash. Contacted lings regarding the bubs, and all are available.

Hers the link to all the bulbs, i had to contact lings for this, it may have been i hadn't the correct model variant selected, but all weren't listed in the page i had opened

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk?block_01=17TL1901&block_02=B__1111&block_03=3369&block_05=hcr

Maybe this is my imagination, but im impressed with the ease of removing and refitting the panel to replace these bulbs, to me it seems a bit of thought went into how things are put together, where as with other makes of cars, things mightened just fit back correctly, or clips would break. I also seen a video where the door cards were being removed, and i thought everything was designed with disassembly in mind.

Regarding this issue, the guide seems to be missing in action (can't see the image).
Does anyone know the steps to remove the parking aid button?

You basically need to pull the surround off after removing the panel above the pedals(there will be a plug to remove on this panel for the footwell ambient lighting led). Once off you'll see the clips that hold the switches in. The bulbs are attached to different coloured plastic holders that have a slot in the middle for a flat blade screwdriver to rotate them in or out