What's new

Part Three on my 'new Accord.

Nothing else to report, so good news alround, bar the front tyres (Hankook Eco's yokes) which lookI like I have to replace them again soon, done 11k hard miles so o.k. I suppose - I'll try Bridgestone this time if the money is right.

Cheers for now.

Hi John, another Irelander here - Wexford. :)

I have an Accord with a 2.2 Type-R H22A7 and just wanted to pass on a tyre suggestion. I fitted 4 Falken FK-452's to my Accord last summer (205/50/16 btw) and they have been fantastic. 14k hard miles, and they are only 1/3 gone on the front and the backs are still like new. Very quiet (although I have dynamatted the entire car) and phenonemal amounts of dry grip, with very respectable wet grip. The car just grips and grips, and even shown up some exotic machinery in the Dublin mountains last month when doing the "Coast 2 Coast" run.

Overall I'm very happy with them. Only criticism is they are a bit soft on the sidewalls, but that can be solved by upping the pressure by 5 psi.

Hope that helps. If you are ever down the South East let me know, and I'll happily chuck you the keys for a bit.

Hi John, another Irelander here - Wexford. :)

I have an Accord with a 2.2 Type-R H22A7 and just wanted to pass on a tyre suggestion. I fitted 4 Falken FK-452's to my Accord last summer (205/50/16 btw) and they have been fantastic. 14k hard miles, and they are only 1/3 gone on the front and the backs are still like new. Very quiet (although I have dynamatted the entire car) and phenonemal amounts of dry grip, with very respectable wet grip. The car just grips and grips, and even shown up some exotic machinery in the Dublin mountains last month when doing the "Coast 2 Coast" run.

Overall I'm very happy with them. Only criticism is they are a bit soft on the sidewalls, but that can be solved by upping the pressure by 5 psi.

Hope that helps. If you are ever down the South East let me know, and I'll happily chuck you the keys for a bit.

Thanks for the info, I'll make a point of checking those out as they are one brand of tyre I've never purchased (for no particular reason) but have heard good reports too. Oh, and thanks for the offer of a spin too.