What's new

Passenger front window stopped working help needed

johnmaud

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord tourer
Hello all,

Got a little problem with my 05 tourer. The passenger side electric window has stopped working. It was fine with no problem and now when operating the switches on the passenger and drivers door nothing happens and only a click can be heard coming from the passenger door. Had no issue with the window in the past so hoping its something silly. Any help from anyone will be appreciated.

Cheers,

John.

Exact same problem here, passenger side wont work and the button just clicks

Had a similar problem when car was about 4 years old - new switch was fitted. Been fine ever since.

Guess could be a common problem?

Thanks for the reply mate. I thought it could be switches also but when you operate them you can hear what sounds like a relay working within the door panel. This is telling me that the switches are working.

johnny199 said:
Thanks for the reply mate. I thought it could be switches also but when you operate them you can hear what sounds like a relay working within the door panel. This is telling me that the switches are working.
must be the motor then, not sure if this has been on the forum before

Well I had my door panel off and regulator / window out. The regulator is just refusing to move. Tried switching the rear switches over to see if that would work, but still got the annoying clicking and no movement. I have a regulator and motor coming tomorrow so will let you know.

Regulator arrived, plugged it in and it done nothing. Went to an autospark and he confirmed all the switches are working. Must be a dud regulator I was sent, but I am trying another on friday. So annoying

Hi there! I had that problem on my accord too! It was the regulator, at first I've disassembled the motor to check it and noticed that the electric brushes were gone, I found similar ones to give it a try and it worked for a week, then I bought a new regulator from a Honda dealership. you should also check both switches for excessive up and down play, my driver's side switch has a little play and I noticed once that leaving it a little out of "neutral" position makes a "conflict" if you then operate the other switch at the same time... over time that means that the brushes will be gone. ;)

Thanks fo the replies and info. I will get the door stripped down and try getting hold of a regulator. Thanks again