What's new

Passenger Power Window & Mirror not working.

Starsky

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0 EX
Hi guys,

All of a sudden, the passenger window is not opening nor is the electronic mirror on that side. The driver side is all working fine. The rear passenger side power window is also working.

There seems to be no power going into the passenger door... has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I go about resolving it?

Cheers!!

Further to above problems, I also found out:

At the moment, the passenger window is not working, the passenger mirror is not folding, the boot is not opening from the button inside the car (only opens from the key fob) and also the hazards don't come on when I lock the car!!

Someone has mentioned to me that I need to replace the window power control unit on the passengers side which will solve the problem.

I will keep you updated.

From memory it's to do with your passenger side window switch.
This also controls your boot as well.
Take it apart and try cleaning the connections if this doesn't work replace the switch.

brett said:
From memory it's to do with your passenger side window switch.
This also controls your boot as well.
Take it apart and try cleaning the connections if this doesn't work replace the switch.
Hi,

I just called Honda dealers and the guy on the other end told me it has nothing to do with the passenger side window switch. He told me that the folding mirror does not have any connection with the passenger side switch.

However, I did replace my drivers side master switch last year with a Honda Civic 2011 model one which I was told is the same part as an Accord. The part had same connections and worked fine. So maybe it's the master switch again.

I will give the passenger side switch a good clean and also the master unit to see if that makes a difference.

the main problem i can see that cable from center console to the doors are snapped.

I have had sound deadening in my all four doors, and i can ***ure the same thing as honda dealer told you.

boot release button is separate than power windows control unit.
also mirror control unit is also separate than power windows control unit.

also it could be a power fuse blown? (before replacing fuses, check the cables between doors and chassis.

Here is some diagrams with silent coat (sound deadening on it, inside the door all of the area is covered with it) and new speakers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8fmozzvlh3568x/2016-08-05%2018.22.25.jpg?dl=0

as you can see:
the door illumination is seperate (connector is on the left);
power window control unit connector is hanging (grey one, longest of them all) disconnected, but it is responsible only for all four windows.
boot release connector (white) also separate, that one on the speaker (with yellowish clip)
mirror control unit and seat memory connector (white, wider, near speaker) is connected with cables which are going from the mirror.

Sounds like the passenger window switch faulty. It's a multiplex unit hence the cost when you speak to Honda. I have seen these fail, and the trouble shooting says replace passenger switch if still doesn't work then replace drivers switch pack.

Starsky have you solved this problem? If so, how? My wife's car has just developed exactly the same syptoms. First noticed after torrential rain but don't know if that has any relevance.

Hi

I have had the exact same problem, passenger window not working (all others fine), passenger side mirror not folding or adjusting (drivers side fine) and hazard lights not flashing when I lock the car.

Did you find a solution to the problem?

Hi there,

@scoott @ideford
My car developed the exact same symptoms after leaving it sitting in an airport car park for two weeks:
  • Tailgate won't open using any of the switches or remote
  • Passenger side mirror not working (can't adjust or fold/unfold)
  • Passenger side window not working (using passenger side or driver's side switch)
  • Blinkers don't light up when locking/unlocking car
I dropped the car to my local Honda dealer and they confirmed it was the passenger side switch unit that had to be replaced. For me it's going to be a hefty bill, as I cannot find the part in any local breakers.
I hope that helps.

Same problem here.Exactly the same symptoms.Picked up a passenger side switch from a local scrapyard for £30.All working fine now.I don't understand why the Honda dealer mentioned above said its nothing to do with the passenger switch.

I phoned my local honda dealer who quoted about £154 for a new switch plus an hour labour.

I managed to find a switch for £20 at a local scrapyard. Installing only took 5 mins (unit held in with some clips and pops off and just one connector to unplug and plug straight into new unit).

Everything is now working fine.

Hi.. A few weeks ago on my 2009 Honda Accord 2.2 cdti es gt developed a fault with the n/s/f power mirror not folding,n/s/f electric window not working & hazard lights not flashing when arming alarm.. suspected n/s/f window switch faulty as suggested on here,Called into a Honda main-dealer in Bridgend & spoke to some arrogant knob in the service dept & was told "No way is it the switch they never fail" & then wanted to book my Honda in to do a diagnostics check approx £85.. told him where to go.. found the switch on a breakers web site,good price,delivered in 48 hrs,put the switch in my car today.. job done.!! :) everything is working now..So up yours Honda Bridgend.!! :) happy days

freddofrog said:
typical of Honda dealers .... stealers (once the factory warranty has run out)
Rubber stampers and dealer stealers [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] I call them other names but cannot mention here

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Hi. I have this problem as well. Can somebody tell me how to remove the front passengers switch from the armrest on a 58 plate CDTI Exec. If I attach it I will just end up breaking it.

Thanks

Stephen

Hi,
Pry up with small flat blade or trim removal tool, i was able to lift mine up using my hands

I did it. It turned out to be quite easy. Now I just need to find a new 35760 switch. If anyone knows where I can get one please shout.

Thanks for the quick reply.

My motor recently developed this issue too. Anyone got the part number handy? I think I can avoid my local honda dealer too.

Part number 83561-TL0-E31ZA.
Discontinued part I'm afraid but double check with dealer.
Other than that you'll need to try the breakers

Quick update.

After taking mine out out of the door it was stampted with...
35760-TL0-A110M1
01X0D1
C8h-DTL0H-E11-2

I rang around and eventually found one at a dismantlers, I put it in to test and everything worked!
However the replacement i got had these markings
35760-TL0-E01-M1
3150D1
C8H-DTL0H-E01-2

Looks like only the 35760-TL0 is important. The rest must been a combination of the donor car being the estate, mine is saloon, donor had different trim color (easy to swap button facia).

Thanks to everyone who posted on this, got this annoying issue resolved easily in the end!

How much did you pay for it?
Quick update.

After taking mine out out of the door it was stampted with...
35760-TL0-A110M1
01X0D1
C8h-DTL0H-E11-2

I rang around and eventually found one at a dismantlers, I put it in to test and everything worked!
However the replacement i got had these markings
35760-TL0-E01-M1
3150D1
C8H-DTL0H-E01-2

Looks like only the 35760-TL0 is important. The rest must been a combination of the donor car being the estate, mine is saloon, donor had different trim color (easy to swap button facia).

Thanks to everyone who posted on this, got this annoying issue resolved easily in the end!

It cost me €30, one crowd only quoted me €20 over the phone but when it came down to it we couldn't find it in the yard.

I had one breaker yard in Ireland to qoute me €80. I have tought it's a bit too much..

I got one from a breakers yard as well. £30 delivered. Its a 35760-TLO-E11-M1. My car is a 58 plate Exc and the spare part came from a 10 plate estate Exc. I took the switch out my car so I knew the part number. The breakers yard gave me the Reg of the donor car and I checked with Honda to see what the part number would be for that car. They matched so I purchased the item. The breakers yard then removed the item and posted it to me. Hope this helps.

Hi, I'm new to the board, only registered today when I found this tread which describes exactly the same symptoms which I am having on my 2009 accord 2.0 ex petrol saloon. I have removed the switch from the door panel but am unable to remove the wiring harness plug from the switch. It doesn't just pull out and I can't see the usual retaining clip. There is a white plastic bit to the right of where the multitude of wires enter the plug but it doesn't seem to move in any direction. do any of the people on this thread who have completed this repair know what I am doing wrong. By the way I still haven't managed to locate a replacement other that the main dealer at £150. The part Number on the old one is 35760-TL0-E11-M1

Cheers
Avifec