What's new

Pentas or Epilsons?

ardi

Members
Reaction score
Car
Type S Tourer
To go on a Type S Tourer.

I always fancied Pentas, but a Type S saloon round the corner from me has Epilsons and it looks cool.

Mine is Arctic Blue Pearl and I like the dark grey of the Pentas with that colour. It currently has 16s and despite having no budget, they play on my mind.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a cheap set of either with tyres, but all the cheap ones need refurbishing and I'm not sure how the diamond cut of the Epilsons goes getting a refurb.

Any thoughts?

Dunno the Honda name, but my Accord's scabby epsilons were swapped out from some rims from a Civic EX. Honestly I'm sick of those diamond cut polished alloys as the slightest mark and they go crusty

I've got Epsilons and they are rubbish mate. They're not painted, but diamond cut and lacquered. The lacquer is made of hairspray or some rubbish and so chips super easy, the water gets in a bang, your wheels look like this:

NastyAlloys.jpg

Don't bother mate, they can look nice at a glance, but honestly, they're granddaddy. The Pentas are much smarter wheels. I've got my ears to ground for some at the moment.

Thanks ebod,

Can they be powder coated? I quite like that finish. But you're right, all the ones I see for sale are horrible.

Steve,

there's a rubbish set of Pentas being given away not far from me but they'll need loads of work that I'd have to pay for, then put tyres on. And one's missing an insert in the stud hole (ooh).

I suppose if you really like the style, pick up a set of dirt cheap ones and get them refurbished and painted. I've always thought they'd be better in white, especially against the Arctic Blue B) .

I know :lol: . I really want white alloys as I reckon they'd look good against my indigo blue, but I know they'll just be dirty all the time :rolleyes: .

My tourer came with Epsilons fitted. I always fancied a set of Penta's thinking they'd look better. When I finally got a set I was really disappointed and sold 'em on. I much prefer the Epsilon's.

Gotta say the OEM wheels made by Honda are pretty rubbish. In the past I've usually upgraded my alloys on my motors for alternative OEM rims but Honda really don't do any that I like that much.

Cars are great though!