What's new

Please help, I'm quessing it's my battery playing!

rhyeung

Members
Reaction score
Car
SPORT TOURER
Hi guys, I owned my accord for over 6 years with the same battery it came with, recently my clifford alarm's siren had been silent, and I paid to had a new siren fitted, but story not end, siren only work for 2 weeks before gone silent again, then a rebook to the shop and we all though it could be the position where siren get wet or damp, and reposition the siren in the engine bay, and all working before I left. But it only working for no more than 2 days before it gone silent again. What I mean silent is when I press the remote control, it will chirp. Ok, I disconnect the battery for few minutes, reconnect it and siren work again for 1 day then it gone silent...I'm now guessing my old battery cause this? Or the new siren is faulty one and I should go back to the shop? My car had never had a start problem or any unreasonable battery drain so far. Please help to give any advice, I don't want waste money for battery when battery is still good.

Many thanks

This will be a bit difficult for us to diagnose as most just have the factory fit alarm. The problem with aftermarket alarms is they cut in to the original wiring loom and a lot of how good or bad they are depends on the installer.
If the car is still starting ok I would look more at the wiring to the alarm than the car battery.

My car had clifford alarm fitted by the same shop same chap 4 years ago before old siren had a problem, and they are clifford dealer, so it's realible from my point if view, I also thinking poor connection while my battery had non problem on starting. Well, I'll give them a ring to see what happen.

If they are a Clifford dealer and the original fitter I would expect them to test what they thought was a faulty siren on a system in their shop before charging you for fitting a new one. Some Clifford alarms have a lifetime warranty so that would be worth checking too.

I done the search about clifford siren issue, I found similar issue and ton of them, the siren in the old model has the battery pack, once became weak, will has this sort of issue, and people can replaced the pack with new battery to save money on new siren as new siren would cost £95 plus fitting but I can't see why it happen to this new siren they just fitted. While the car battery is 6 years old at least, I'm quite skeptical about it, battery not usually used that long right?

A battery of over 6 years old would be getting a little weak, but if she's starting OK then it can't be too bad. I think it's the alarm, but haven't got a clue on what goes wrong with those alarms. But the alarm battery might be at the end of it's life, can you remove it and test it?

Ray,I thinking that could be your alarm system battery.

luckboy16138 said:
I done the search about clifford siren issue, I found similar issue and ton of them, the siren in the old model has the battery pack, once became weak, will has this sort of issue, and people can replaced the pack with new battery to save money on new siren as new siren would cost £95 plus fitting but I can't see why it happen to this new siren they just fitted. While the car battery is 6 years old at least, I'm quite skeptical about it, battery not usually used that long right?
as stated in the previous two posts, it's the battery inside the alarm that needs replacing, not the car battery

New update, I rang that shop, and arrange the siren replacement. The siren this morning work again! But, I need it work all time that is whole point. The alarm system itself is perfectly working, just the siren had gone quite that is issue. Let wait and see next week. The battery never had unreasonable drain, and it is a good battery, so finger cross is the faulty new siren! Can't believe the new one still defective.

Many thanks

good stuff

also, AFAIK, both the alarm control-box and the siren should both have their own internal battery