What's new

Please help me identify this part?

hornyhonda

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CDTi
My car recently past its mot but with 3 advisories. I have replaced the upper wishbones either side but still have to change another part on the nearside front. The mot inspector dude wrote on the advisory section "nearside front lower anti-roll bar has slight play in a ball joint".... does that translate to being this part?
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Honda_Accord_2.2_2005/p/car-parts/suspension-and-steering/suspension/anti-roll-bar-components/?632600168&1&c29244294e87610d736a80b44b36dfc093f01a82&000016

If this is the part I need?

Cheers

Pretty sure it is. However sometimes just speak with the mot station and they will point the part out.

Anti roll bar links and they are found on front and back. Best to change in pairs. Can be tricky to get off with corroded bolts but not impossible for diy person.

I normally try to go for the ones that need a spanner to hold them in place rather than Allen key when tightening. You'll know what I mean when you install them.

The front right drop link seemed fairly new so has obviously been changed fairly recently. The left one definitely seems older. I might give them a call and see but the only other ball joint around there is the steering arm ball joint or the one on the lower control arm under the hub so hopefully the part ive listed is correct. I wanted to get it today and have a feeling the guy wont be at the garage today. Theres no harm in me ringing them though.

If you have got an angle grinder that gets them off nice and easily

Remember though take the load off the suspension arm before removing.

After trying to undo the nuts and the bolt just spinning round and round I discovered there was a hole in the bolt for an allen key. After rounding off the head on one allen key then twisting another (that will teach me to buy cheap tools) I used a grinder in the end to get them off. I grinded a bit off the anti roll bar also but nothing that would affect it so I painted it with some hammerite before fitting the new stabilizer/drop link. I had to use an air grinder rather than a mains powered angle grinder as it was smaller so I could get the right angle of attack with it :) If the car was on some ramps at a garage then a mains grinder would of been fine or possibly if jacked up very high on axle stands. A trolley jack under the hub helped locate the bolts when putting the new drop link in place.