What's new

Please recommend me good discs and pads for CL9 (front and rear)

MrNotEnglish

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 i-vtec Ex Auto
Hi guys, as ***le says, I need to replace discs and pads for front and rear for my CL9. Want to get good ones, not for racing but more dynamic driving. What would you recommend? Thanks

Thanks for reply. I wonder does anyone fitted mtec discs? How are they? Any opinions guys? If yes- with what pads?

Don't take brembo. They do give great performance but the center parts get all rusty in just a couple of days.

Have a look for stoptech discs and ds2500 pads
As carl says. Excellent combination.
My friend has the same combination on his civic.

I have just the DS2500 pads on standard OEM discs on my 2.2 prelude and they are already massive improvement.
Highly recommended.

i used ds2500 on my dc5 with custom made floating disc's.i didnt think they were that great.

i run mtec 28mm groved disc's (instead of 25mm cl9) with dixcel type z pads in my spoon calipers.and i love them.iirc pads cost £250 tho.not cheap

stock calipers are very poor.cheap upgrade is accord type r calipers.ment to be very good

people opions on the likes of brakes/tyres will allways be different.lol

Thanks for advice guys! But I've just spent couple quids on Tein coilovers and to get them fitted, so need to keep an eye on the price of discs and pads. Will have a look bit more :)
Ukcl9 aren't your pads eating through the discs? I wonder how hard mtec discs are, as I would give a try to ebc yellowstuff...

Mine:
- pads EBC Green Stuff (awesome pads, brakes are better around 15-20% on this same discs)
- discs (don't remember, must check papers)

Mine is MTEC drill&groove disc all round with EBC red stuff front and Brembo pads rear, the front Caliper is ATR very please set up but is for my 2.0 honda stream instead..