What's new

Plenty faults

Tomce

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-CTDi
After 3 hours waiting at Brows Honda come back with plenty faults on my car.Fauts codes P0203,P0204,P0201,P0202 injector faults code.P16A1 ecu internal fault,P1401 exhaust gas insufficient flow,P2004 IMRC manifold runner valve incorection position.

Is it anybody know,how much cost to fix all this?and another question.Is it remap could made some faults?

Regards
Tomas

Map sensor blocking very quick and car losing power

Tomas sounds like you have a slow operating EGR and IMRC (quite common on higher mileage Accords) so even with EGR OFF, this will cause issues as the EGR has to be able to work for us to keep it closed. However those could also be historical codes.

Does your car actually have any warning lights on or is in limp mode indicating that there is a live fault on the ECU? the errors they've given you are more likely historical errors. So if you've had an error in the past, the ECU will remember them until the next time someone does a scan.

Have you not got a scanner for yourself? if they've cleared the errors off, I would suggest driving now until either it puts it into limp or give it a few days and then run a scan yourself and see what comes up so you'll get a better idea of what the issue is. I can't believe your car has all those issues at the same time.

They should also have been able to run some functional tests with their Honda Diagnostic System to check if your MAP sensor and turbo are working correctly, the EGR and IMRC can also be tested in a similar way.

Drop me a line, I'm down south next week, if you can get to me one evening I'll run a diagnostic myself for you.

Tomas - getting and obd reader is a must for any modern car owner.

I wouldn't think it's the remap. It sounds like the car has historic faults pre remap. As Fahad and Dan have said I would run the car for a while and see what happens.

Tomas I can't add much to this as the guys have giving you some good advice here.

Tomas sounds like you have a slow operating EGR and IMRC (quite common on higher mileage Accords) so even with EGR OFF, this will cause issues as the EGR has to be able to work for us to keep it closed. However those could also be historical codes.

Does your car actually have any warning lights on or is in limp mode indicating that there is a live fault on the ECU? the errors they've given you are more likely historical errors. So if you've had an error in the past, the ECU will remember them until the next time someone does a scan.

Have you not got a scanner for yourself? if they've cleared the errors off, I would suggest driving now until either it puts it into limp or give it a few days and then run a scan yourself and see what comes up so you'll get a better idea of what the issue is. I can't believe your car has all those issues at the same time.

They should also have been able to run some functional tests with their Honda Diagnostic System to check if your MAP sensor and turbo are working correctly, the EGR and IMRC can also be tested in a similar way.

Drop me a line, I'm down south next week, if you can get to me one evening I'll run a diagnostic myself for you.
So if I got slow operating EGR and IMRC,what I must to do?Car don't have warning lights.Just one problem,made black smoke and after couple months MAP sensor completly blocks.I don't know if they run diagnostic about MAP and turbo.Now they wants,that I bring car back to start looking whats wrong,and they want check my ECU too.Price would be 163£ if they could find problem in 1.30 hour.
Still thinking is it need bring them,or not.Booked for tuesday,but seariosly don't want to go:(

as atated above a code reader is a good tool to have. they cost about £50 on ebay and will pay for itself the 2nd time you use it. you can delete codes that are old and start from scratch to see what new codes come up. well worth the cash mate.

i have the autel obd2 and it cost about £50. a garage will charge you £30+ every time you want it reading and they use the same piece of kit......

as atated above a code reader is a good tool to have. they cost about £50 on ebay and will pay for itself the 2nd time you use it. you can delete codes that are old and start from scratch to see what new codes come up. well worth the cash mate.

i have the autel obd2 and it cost about £50. a garage will charge you £30+ every time you want it reading and they use the same piece of kit......
Thanks for information about obd reader.What model are you using?

mine is an Autel reader, unsure of the exact model but im sure there arent many out there...
I check on ebay.It's loads models.Is all good for accords?

Yeah you can get an OBD Reader for about £100 now, I think i can do a Sealey one if your interested

If you've got a laptop you can get an ELM 327 (search for that on eBay) for about £20, but I like the look of the Bluetooth one linked to above which looks very cheap / good value.