What's new

Poor MPG

I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to MPG and keep a log of every fill up. My Tourer gets about 52.5 mpg on average with a mix of 60mph and 30mph roads on my daily 70 mile commute, but I rarely use the A/C unless it's proper hot. Motorway miles are <80mph and I only really suffer when the trailer is on or the bikes are on the roof (that's massive killer). Even when I have fun, it never really gets below 45mpg which is pretty impressive for a might car like this. The missus only gets 35mph from her FR-V 2.0 Sport but then she does only do town miles with the A/C on all the time and in 3rd :-(

I do mainly motorway but cross the Pennines daily, recently mine dropped to 36mpg due to tired injectors.

If I'm very gentle I get ~43mpg, but since I've cured the smoking prob I'm more inclined to give it some beans now and hence I get ~41mpg.

I do think its a few mpg below similar class cars, but I can live with it.

Heelo everyone. I know it is an old topic but I have had the same problem my average mpg on 2.2 dtec accord tourer automatic was 32-34mpg and on motorway it was only about 39-41mpg. I did the major service including oil coolant all filters etc and nothing changed so I cleaned air sensors and nothing. One day I got back home and I dropped something near my rear wheel and I noticed it was really warm unlike the other wheels. The brake calliper got jammed and was breaking all the time. Since I replaced it and of course rear discs and pads as they were knackered my MPG on motorway went up to over 50. I hope this will help.