What's new

Possible turbo issue?

blueagle

Members
Reaction score
Car
GT 2.2 i-CTDI
For last few days every now and then my car takes a second or two before it accelerates when I put my foot down. Could it be a turbo issue OR is it something else?

Blocked fuel filter, sticking EGR valve or yes possibly sticking turbo vanes

Thanks @f6had could be a leaking pipe as well with a split or hole will cause intermittent turbo issues

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. Fahad I haven't had the fuel filter replaced so I'll get that done first and then would take it from there. Would keep you guys posted. Thanks once again.

You may be aware but definitly only use a genuine Honda filter or you will more than likely have issues.
Hope it sorts it for you

From what i understand the fuel filter when is "blocked" or the flow is reduced because dirt, is reduced non stop so from that theory you can't get once instant power and once a lag

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk

Maybe a little late to the discussion here, but I'd definitely go for the fuel filter first (especially if you're able to fit it yourself) as the part is quite cheap and can make a lot of difference on the i-CTDI engines.

The genuine Honda filter is a Bosch branded one. A few years ago I let my filter go a little over the recommended millage limit due to being broke that month (like most these days), it then started loosing power when accelerating and occasionally putting the car in 'limp home mode' which was a right pain in the **** when I attempted to overtake a motorhome on the M26, overdid the fuel filter and ended up in 'limp home mode', ended up in a neck to neck drag race with the motorhome, neither of us were able to go over 40 MPH.

Luckily I keep an OBD scanner in the car so managed to pull up and re-set it for the rest of the journey :unsure: