What's new

possible VSA niggle

Simon2354

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer Type S
I am getting periodic niggles with the VSA whereby both the Yellow triangle and VSA letters become illuminated. Now I haven't got one of these fault code readers or one these bluetooth readers for the android apps that are about which could immediately tell me what the fault code is. When the engine is switched off it seems to reset and problem goes away. Could it be that there is some grit / grime in sensors or something like that??? Any bright ideas peeps??

Ta

Simon the ebay code readers won't give you the errors anyway as they can't read the ABS or airbag codes.

It could be dirt in the sensors or it could be your VSA is kicking due to the icy weather.

I offer an ECU healthcheck service on these cars but you're a bit far..

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8361-honda-diagnostics-and-calibrations/

Simon the ebay code readers won't give you the errors anyway as they can't read the ABS or airbag codes.

It could be dirt in the sensors or it could be your VSA is kicking due to the icy weather.

I offer an ECU healthcheck service on these cars but you're a bit far..

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8361-honda-diagnostics-and-calibrations/

Thanks for that Fahad...The round trip would cost me 150quid in unleaded alone :( I am thinking it could be muck or early sign of a wheel bearing. It started doing this just before I had to replace the rear nearside wheelbearing. Wondering if it is a case of deja-vu.....

Cheers

Simon

Simon, I would bet money on it being that same corner then. The sensor has either moved ever so slightly or has captured dirt on its face.

im in cheltenham m8 and have the equipment to check that problem if your stuck .
atb Alun

im in cheltenham m8 and have the equipment to check that problem if your stuck .
atb Alun

That is a very kind offer - I work in gloucester and as it is half term next week, I will have the car to use - the Accord is now used for the school by my wife (she's a childminder so needs the bigger car).

Simon

Thats ok it will have to be on my lunch break which is 12 till 1 tho 12.30 is best time to turn up PM me if your going to come over and ill give you the address we are in bouncers lane prestbury.
atb Alun

Thats ok it will have to be on my lunch break which is 12 till 1 tho 12.30 is best time to turn up PM me if your going to come over and ill give you the address we are in bouncers lane prestbury.
atb Alun

Will check work diary and see wot I can sort out this coming week.
Thanks.
Simon