What's new

power leak

SIlverCloud

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2I-CTDI
Hey guys my problems started when car lost power on low reps.(sometimes car even start shaking to build reps)Ok so what i done replaced EGR valve(bought used) Have taken off intake manifold and cleaned ,also Throttle body was taken and cleaned.But car still have no power it get even worst.When turbo kicked in usually car shot like a bullet now i no metter how many reps nothing happens.I believe that it have to do something with throttle body.any advises?

p.s car also get a starnge thing if i start car straight away car frezze up i mean all dials freezed up but all light gone(have to disconect the battery) but if i wait about 5sec and start its ok. Thanks for advises

What diagnostic error codes do you have?

No error codes no engine light.I believe that throttle sensor or vacum selenoid is failing bacause seems that throttle doesnt closed down full when i start car i wait to see is it closing down but it always leave quite a big gab.Is that how it should be or it should fully close down and open only when i press on a pedal? Anyway ordered another throttle and vacum selenoid to see if it make any difference.Will fit in on monday:)

More likely your egr is sticking open.

Egr was fitted used one I inspected before i put it on and it wasnt sticky or something looked good(didnt even bother cleaning it) Will give update next week after new throttle with sensor and sleneoid fitted in.:)

Ok update: replaced throttle and vacum selenoid car come to live.Pulls like a train:) very happy and very proud:)