What's new

Power steering leak

block

Members
Reaction score
Car
56 Ex diesel saloon
Good afternoon,

Can anyone help me please? Checked my levels the other day and topped up the power steering fluid. Just been under the car to change the oil and there is fluid everywhere, and the power steering reservoir is below minimum level, that and the yellowy colour of the fluid tells me its a leak with the power steering. Checking the reservoir and pump at the top of the engine i could see no visible leaks, so its at the bottom somewhere. One of the hoses seems to run in front of the radiator right at the bottom, and this is covered in fluid, I think this is a power steering hose, is this correct? It all seems to be in one piece, but as i have no one around at the minute to operate the power steering while im under the car i cant locate where the leak is, but it appears to be the one described above. Can anyone with experience of this give any advice please?

Thanks

I can’t recall if it’s the one you mention, but there is a known issue with leaking power steering hose on the 7th gen diesel Accord. Do a search on the forum to try and dig out the old posts that reference it.

I think amazon may have the hose available for 20 quid.

Thanks all.
Its the lower hose i need, the one that runs in front of the radiator.
If a mod can close this please as i also posted it on the generic fault page.
Thank you.