What's new

Power Steering Leak

Grayedout

Members
Reaction score
Got a power steering leak on a 2004 icdti Tourer and looks like it’s coming from this join I’ve found in the top hose. Is this join standard or has it been a previous bodge? Anybody replaced this pipe? Looks a nightmare to get to the bottom connection

Attachments

• E11C1299-2EEA-44F7-A7FE-BE62FDAEB31C.jpeg
    E11C1299-2EEA-44F7-A7FE-BE62FDAEB31C.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 17
  • EEEFCD18-DD60-46AD-834D-05AC6E5C0510.jpeg
    EEEFCD18-DD60-46AD-834D-05AC6E5C0510.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 18
Be careful is the leak coming from underneath , it as just cost me with parts labour and vat over £500 to repair ,it as a power steering cooling pipe and hose modified by Honda and the parts can only be purchased from Honda

Hi Grayedout.

I did my upper high pressure power steering hose back in 2019.

My mechanic did it for me and its fairly easy after he showed me.
Just need a decent spanner and small ish arms to grab hold of that lower fastening nut into the steering rack.
Although it you round that your pretty stuffed.

I heard the non genuine ones dont fit to well at the lower steering rack section, they can be bent into shape though if you have good access or a ramp.
Maybe the later variants are better now.

I do a ton of mileage on the Accord (30k) a year so for the reliability and no plans of ever selling the car, a genuine hose made more sense.
At the time, it was only around £260. It was quite alot.
It seems its increased in price even more now :(

Lots of discussion here

If going for NON genuine, theres a seller called RTG who sells them on ebay.
Might be your best bet to try one of those.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the info. Bought a non-gen hose and a set of crowfoot spanners to do the job but now off my feet for 8 weeks following some foot surgery so will tackle it when I'm back up and mobile !

Good luck on the recovery of the foot.

Hope you can get back on the job soon before the winter sets in.
Working on the car in winter is never pleasant.

Have a good search on the site, accord_n22 and I have covered this topic a plenty including the PS cooler. He used gen parts and I didn't but he does more mileage in a year than I will do in five. I think a set of stubby spanners was also required and there is a youtube that proved handy for removing the rack but obviously covered the PS line too. ATB