What's new

Pressure Washers bitten the dust

simontown

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord Tourer
Hi Guys,

Well I am very sad to report that after many years of faithful service to both my father and myself my Bosch Pressure Washer has finally bitten the dust :( It is at least 10 years old and I'm pretty sure that it wasn't designed with my OCD car cleaning habits in mind :lol:

Anyway I'm gonna need to replace it pretty quickly and am interested in your thoughts on choices of replacement?

Two contenders:

Kranzle

Nilfisk

Two extremes I know but open to your thoughts....

Cheers

Simon

Cant compare really mate Kranzle is the dogs danglies and Nilfisk for the price is great value.

I went for the Nilfisk as the price was just too good, performance has been fantastic even tho its 110bar its flow beats alot of higher power competitors.

My only gripe and this is true of cheap washers, you dont get a soft flexible hose but at that price I feel rude mentioning it.

As monks said the Nilfisk is great value and i have the 110 and found it adequate, if you are only going to use it to do the car then you dont want too much pressure anyway.

I would go for the Nilfisk personally and just get a longer hose and a few add-ons for it.

Jamie S

Gadget show Monday week reviewing top 5 Pressure washers !

Must be something in the air! Spooky :lol:

Gadget Show

For your viewing pleasure :)

Think I'm going for the Kranzle but will keep you posted, Shame Jon didn't test one....

Kranzle:

HD10-120.jpg

Hi Guys,

Well after a lot of research and considering Monks description I decided to go for the Kranzle unit, I'm a sucker for quality engineering! :rolleyes:

I decided as I'm on hols this week to take a drive up to Kranzle (UK) at Southend-on-sea, and in anticipation of bad traffic set out at 7am, for a 9am meet with Graham Wilkinson the MD there. Anyway, traffic was clear for a change, and I arrived at around 8-20am, so stopped off at Tesco for a spot of breakfast, and on the way in spotted a Karcher at £100 off! Still held fast, and after a refresh headed on to the Kranzle base, which interestingly is shared with a Screwfix depot, which was advertising a very cheap Nilfisk machine, less than a third of the price of the K7/120, I was beginning to feel a little jittery about my impeding spend! :lol:

Unfortunately, Graham had been held up, but as it turned out this was a real blessing. Will, the on-site technician showed me the unit, and gave me a full hour demo on the machine and available accessories, as well as basic maintenance routine. This was invaluable, especially for those of us less keen on reading the manual.... As soon as I got hold of the unit it was clear what I was paying for, the build quality is simply miles ahead of my previous bosch unit, and I am confident this unit will last me a lifetime! Will showed me a number of lance options, and I option for a vario lance for general car cleaning, and an under body lance, brilliant for wheel arches. By the time Graham arrived I was completely sold on the unit, and happy to hand over my bonus, load up and head home.

Vario20jet.jpg

underbody20lance.jpg

underbody201.jpg

No surprises, but as soon as it cooled down I rigged the machine up and was away. What a delight to use, great pressure, confined jet, and a revelation with my snow foam gun, which had always caused my Bosch some serious issues.

In short from initial impressions I am chuffed to bits with the machine, as long as it maintains its performance I think it will hold number one spot in my garage. Graham and Will at Kranzle are extremely helpful anf I'm sure would be delighted to ***ist any forum members, so if you are thinking of taking the plunge let me know and I will see what deals are available.

Best wishes

Simon

Like I said mate its the dog danglies you cant beat it, Im soooooo jealous B)

Andy,

There are deal to be had, so PM me next time you fancy a change and I'll find out what's on offer. :)

Regards

Simon