What's new

Price for rear discs

Honda charge about 225 _245 pounds disc and pads fitted.
Im using ebc sports disc and green stuff pads and cost me 130 pounds and fitted myself

Phil

The forum has a discount with brakes4u. I believe Fahad set this up so if you message him he should be able to sort you out the discount code.

Matt

Honda charge about 225 _245 pounds disc and pads fitted.
Im using ebc sports disc and green stuff pads and cost me 130 pounds and fitted myself

Do you think that combo is worth having? I'm just deciding which way to go for the front brakes.

Do you think that combo is worth having? I'm just deciding which way to go for the front brakes.
Stuart I have fronts the same as well.I cant see much improvement in performance but they look good B)

Mintex discs and pads are about £75 including p&p on eBay. I did my bosses a couple of weeks ago.

The Mintex deal looks very good. The Brembo I'm talking about are their standard parts:

http://www.nextdaybrakes.com/files_part-chooser

The Mintex deal looks very good. The Brembo I'm talking about are their standard parts:

http://www.nextdaybrakes.com/files_part-chooser
No worrys i thought you were going to do a big Brembo upgrade.It can be done but im sure its mega bucks.

No worrys i thought you were going to do a big Brembo upgrade.It can be done but im sure its mega bucks.

No! the Brembo combo is about £130 plus delivery but the motor factor up t'road is a Brembo dealer and usually prices matches. I am favouring the Mintex though and save some £££. If you'd have said the EBC upgrade makes all the difference I could have been tempted.

There are mixed views about this but the best way to improve performance is the type r calliper upgrade.
Iv done the EBC upgrade for looks only.There might be a slight better braking performance but if so not a lot.

I had Mintex pads on a past Leon Cupra R and the brakes were spot in (Brembo calipers as standard). I recently did my wifes Mini Cooper S with mintex pads and discs and again no issues.

Just had a quick look on eBay and rear discs and pads are around £54.00 for the set.

Last summer I bought a full set of cheap discs and mintex pads from a local motor factor for £170 (2.0 tourer, 280mm front disc). The mintex pads are superb - better cold bite/feel than the honda pads, and less dust than I've ever seen from a brake pad. The discs have been fine also. Make sure that you spend the time to properly clean the hub before fitting a new disc - I'm sure that garages don't spend the time and that can cause brake wobble problems.

There is a nationwide company called Partco who sell Unipart components.
Have used these brakes components on multiple cars over many years to good effect.

Discs + Pads for the Accord are about £55 per axle.
Good quality and no perceptible difference between these and Honda OEM in operation.