What's new

Problem resetting CU2 service indicator

btjtaylor

Reaction score
Car
Accord CU2 Manual
Hi all

I serviced my accord yesterday (2.4 manual) and I need to reset the service indicator

I found instructions on this forum that say to turn the key to position 2 and then hold sel/reset, I tried this and nothing happens

It's worth noting that my service indicator had not "triggered" yet, I just did the service as a year had passed since it was last done

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Ben

I'm guessing there's nothing to reset until it actually pops up.

I can reset it with a Honda HDS

Thanks both, yes sounds like I might have to wait for it to trigger. It did cross my mind that a diagnostic tool could reset it (as Fahad mentioned HDS), I've not had a need to get a cable for that yet as (touch wood) I've not had any faults/codes thrown up on the car yet!

I might see if my generic ODB2 tool can do it

Got a cheap clone Chinese HDS tool thing from AliExpress and after a LOT of messing around with different HDS versions I managed to get it to talk to the car

Apparently under the body electrical -> gauges mode it's supposed to show options about the service indicators but I don't get them just a single option about replacing the cluster

Oh well, at least I can read diagnostic codes now if I need to in future!!

If you can’t see the reset service indicator option it means your maintenance minder has been disabled (either at PDI or later by someone with a HDS). Once disabled, it can’t be re-enabled as far as I’m aware.

Yes, it seems that way,

The first owner of the car was a police force, I believe it was being driven by a police and crime commissioner in the west midlands although that's all just word of mouth!

I imagine they would've disabled the reminders and kept to their own service schedule, so I imagine it's been disabled ever since

Fortunately as the car wasn't a panda car it seems to have escaped without too many "interesting" police modifications. There's a couple of strange holes in the seat base and under the dash. I also found that the cigarette lighter had been unplugged behind the dash and some odd spare custom wiring rattling around in its place.. luckily that one was a fairly quick fix.