What's new

Problem With Electric Aerial?

Pete1958

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 2.4 EX 7th Gen.
Hi, When I bought my Accord the electric aerial was stuck in the up position so I got hold of a good second hand aerial from the same model but when I plugged it in it wouldn't go up :( .

When you switch on the radio you can hear the relay on the aerial working in fact you can on both aerials so I put a tester on the plug coming from the radio and there's power on one of the wires constantly and power on the other when you switch the radio on but the original won't go down and the replacement won't go up :( .

Can anyone tell me what the problem may be?

Many thanks,
Pete :) .

The power antenna on my Accord also went bad, it stopped to go up, and occasionally it went half-way up, then it needed some help to go down :unsure:
The problem is the long plastic piece that makes the antenna go up or down.

I bought the following antenna mast to replace the old one, which solved the problem:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-1998-on-Electric-Aerial-Mast-/400271412733?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

To replace the thing, you have to remove the power antenna form the car, open it, and replace the part. It's quite easy do :rolleyes:

The power antenna on my Accord also went bad, it stopped to go up, and occasionally it went half-way up, then it needed some help to go down :unsure:
The problem is the long plastic piece that makes the antenna go up or down.

I bought the following antenna mast to replace the old one, which solved the problem:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-1998-on-Electric-Aerial-Mast-/400271412733?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

To replace the thing, you have to remove the power antenna form the car, open it, and replace the part. It's quite easy do :rolleyes:

Hi Pedro, Thanks for your reply but I think it is more of an electrical problem as you can't here the motor going only the relay activating.

Regards,
Pete :).

Hi Pedro, Thanks for your reply but I think it is more of an electrical problem as you can't here the motor going only the relay activating.

Regards,
Pete :).

Hi, Anyone else have any idea of my problem???

Thanks,.
Pete :)