What's new

Question regarding service reminder codes

Accord u2-09

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord CU2
Hey all from Australia,

Our Aussie Cu2 did not come with Service Reminder and I thought it was a good idea to have so I ordered a cluster from Spain as its in KM.

Anyway, on the service reminder it was showing B which i think its for inspection service and then days like 200 and i reset that then it showed 7 which i think its for brake fluid, i reset that and then it showed B and 360 days. My question is shouldn't it be showing A that is for Oil Replace with days or KM? I tried to reset B a few times thinking A will appear but it does not. Any idea why it shows B and not A?

I have a European (Swiss) CW2. I don't know how it actually knows, but there is no fixed time interval for the A service (oil change). Either it keeps track of how many KM I drove and if they were city or highway, or it has a sensor to measure particles in the oil, but last time it went well over one year before popping up an A service. The A service also came unexpectedly - it said B in ~300 days, then after a few months it turned to A in X km. It had been 14,000km and 20 months since the previous A service.

I wouldn't rely on the A service reminder in your car, as it might not have all the hardware required to know when an oil change is due.