What's new

Quick update on SPUTNIK

ebod

Members
Reaction score
Car
I-CTDI SPUTNIK
Hi All,
SPUTNIK was one of the very high mile(268k) CN1's on this forum which I've had since early 2009. I decided in spring to find a smaller stablemate and hence SPUTNIK_II the Civic FK3 EX is my new ride.

In those weeks I was planning to sell SPUTNIK-I, it had a bunch of niggles occur, such as an ABS sensor and then a warm-starting fault. It got it MOT'd in May and had the ABS sensor replaced, but I just it with my local garage to play with regarding its starting fault. I was certain it was fuel pressure, but not sure if injectors or pump.
Thing was...time flew and Summer came and went...and its took this long for the garage to find time to play with it.

They've got back to me today. They did a leak-off test and n04 injector was leaking off excessively. They've put another injector in and supposedly it fires up no probs now :)

But now on the downside...the say the check light won't go off and they thing the EGR is jammed!!! So basically I've agreed to let them dump it on my drive tomorrow and I'll strip down the intake/EGR to give it a proper good scrub. The EGR was fine before...and it was actually the cars 2nd EGR too. I just think that after sitting for months...its just got a bit crusty.

So fingers crossed...soon I might finally be able to let go of SPUTNIK to a good home. :-D

nice update dude and glad to see your accord is still running. Do keep us updated

Bring it back to me mate, we will need to code that new injector in.

Faddy its now untaxed , uninsured & on sorn ( the garage dropped it off with a trade plate ). Its just sat on my drive...presently with its intake & EGR stripped off. I've just done a fresh post on the topic of jammed EGR's ;-/

OK right! SPUTNIK is good to go. Tonight I've sorted its handbrake issue. I've had the N/S rear caliper off and wound its piston in okay, plus the runners are free. Its handbake puller arm was a bit crusty but I got it free with a dab of light oil and a few taps with a hammer.
The main prob seemed to be the handbrake cable need nipping up a bit , probably due to be sat for months.

Anyways...she starts..she purrs..so I've got the big dilemma do I put her on ebay as an auction or a fixed price??? To recoop what I've spent getting her right, I need to fetch ~£1400 quid. I can see plenty of faulty ones going for a £grand..

I also hope after all this effort...she doesn't end up getting bought by a breaker :-(

OK right! SPUTNIK is good to go. Tonight I've sorted its handbrake issue. I've had the N/S rear caliper off and wound its piston in okay, plus the runners are free. Its handbake puller arm was a bit crusty but I got it free with a dab of light oil and a few taps with a hammer.
The main prob seemed to be the handbrake cable need nipping up a bit , probably due to be sat for months.

Anyways...she starts..she purrs..so I've got the big dilemma do I put her on ebay as an auction or a fixed price??? To recoop what I've spent getting her right, I need to fetch ~£1400 quid. I can see plenty of faulty ones going for a £grand..

I also hope after all this effort...she doesn't end up getting bought by a breaker :-(

Buy it Now will fetch more money, Auction will fetch more people..