What's new

Rage 19" tyre Queries

Tiberious SG

Members
Reaction score
Car
04 Reg CDTI 2.2
I've just got My rage 19's back from refurb (sourced separately on ebay over the last couple of years)

And I'm ready to get them on the car nows its been lowered, but I have a few questions:

The i-cdti 04 comes with 225 45 17 w 91 tyres

The Rages seem to have 225 35 19 Y 88 tyres fitted to them (info from Faddys posts and civic forums some googling) however the load rating of these tyres is a maximum of 88 rather than 91.

Although I would be fitting XL (Extra Load) or RF (Reinforced) tyres does the lower load rating of the the 19" tyres pose an issue?

Some sites advise that there can be issues with Insurance if the incorrect load rating is used (i.e. lower than oem) if this is the case what actions can i take?

I was looking to have 225 35 19 Y 88 either Goodyear f1 Eagle 2's or Dunlop Maxx RT's fitted but in both cases the load rating is 88, however the tyre is reinforced XL, Ive scoured the tyre sites and these seem to be the best tyres for the job, but I'm worried about the load rating.

anybody got any advise?

Also from anyone who has run the 19"s on the i-cdti accord can you advise on tyre pressures Ive got some ideas from the civic type R forums and the TSX guys and even random rules of thumb such as increase psi by 2 for every inch of sidewall you lose when increasing the alloy but doesn't hurt to get some opinions from guys who have already done this mod.

A mate of mine had the rages on his accord and had the same problem. His tyres had a 88 load rating and was advised by the garage to inform insurance but when he did his insurance said that it wasn't a problem (aviva) so my advice would be to call your insurance to double check better to be safe than sorry mate. As long as the tyre is reinforced like you said you shouldn't have a problem.

With regards to tyre pressures I'm not certain tbh but I'm sure someone will be along soon and confirm.

19" on an accord is OTT, its not a audi RS8 avant but maybe thats just me, the cost of a 19" is huge over a 17" and i couldn't justify it myself.

19" on an accord is OTT, its not a audi RS8 avant but maybe thats just me, the cost of a 19" is huge over a 17" and i couldn't justify it myself.
Its the look that you go for. Agreed its a harsh ride but boy does the car look good. Thats my opinion

To be honest I've had second thoughts a few times as it looks as if 18"s are best for handling.
Unfortunately its a bit late to turn back now.

Although if I really don't like the ride the good news is that a set of refurb rages like mine can easily be sold and swapped out for something in the 18" Range if need be, possibly a delta or the like.

I will let you know how harsh the ride is after fitting next week.
I'm going for either GoodYear F1's or Dunlop Maxx RTs to try and improve the handling and ride as both get good reviews with low profile ratio's

But lets face it the Rages are one of the best looking alloys (especially as their OEM) so I'd be lying if looks didn't factor into it, but then again who changes their alloys on a diesel without the aesthetics in mind.

Where did you got your wheels refurbished? I got rage wheels on my accord and they got some scratches and kerbing so would like to get them refurbished. How much did you pay for refurb? And ride will be harsh mate, but car will look very good with them wheels on :)

Where did you got your wheels refurbished? I got rage wheels on my accord and they got some scratches and kerbing so would like to get them refurbished. How much did you pay for refurb? And ride will be harsh mate, but car will look very good with them wheels on :)

Hello,
This might be a bit out of your way, but I used a Local shop in Preston, Wheel Repair Centre
Cost was £130 a wheel

What Pressures are you running on your Rages?
Have you used them in winter?
If so have you used winter tyres on the Rages or do you back to previous wheels?
Any tyre recommendations?

Sorry to attack you with questions, the !9"s are rare on the accord these days.
Have you got any pictures of your car?

Tyre pressures 36, i did had them on all winter and my tyres are federals ss 595. not the best tyres, but im not a racer and they were on when i bought alloys and they were almost brand new. i still have my original 16" alloys, so will probably be getting winter tyres for next winter, because i did scuffed rages quiet a bit during winter(silly me and that ****** handbrake) good fun tho. how do you put pictures on?

078_zps5b6ebe81.jpg

i bought lowering springs last year, but never got round fitting them lol. will do it in very near future :)

I've just got My rage 19's back from refurb (sourced separately on ebay over the last couple of years)

And I'm ready to get them on the car nows its been lowered, but I have a few questions:

The i-cdti 04 comes with 225 45 17 w 91 tyres

The Rages seem to have 225 35 19 Y 88 tyres fitted to them (info from Faddys posts and civic forums some googling) however the load rating of these tyres is a maximum of 88 rather than 91.

Although I would be fitting XL (Extra Load) or RF (Reinforced) tyres does the lower load rating of the the 19" tyres pose an issue?

Some sites advise that there can be issues with Insurance if the incorrect load rating is used (i.e. lower than oem) if this is the case what actions can i take?

I was looking to have 225 35 19 Y 88 either Goodyear f1 Eagle 2's or Dunlop Maxx RT's fitted but in both cases the load rating is 88, however the tyre is reinforced XL, Ive scoured the tyre sites and these seem to be the best tyres for the job, but I'm worried about the load rating.

anybody got any advise?

Also from anyone who has run the 19"s on the i-cdti accord can you advise on tyre pressures Ive got some ideas from the civic type R forums and the TSX guys and even random rules of thumb such as increase psi by 2 for every inch of sidewall you lose when increasing the alloy but doesn't hurt to get some opinions from guys who have already done this mod.

The tyre rating is higher because the rage alloy was only listed for the fn2 type r, if you get your diesel performance up to that level then please let me have a test drive!! pretty please :p :p

The tyre rating is higher because the rage alloy was only listed for the fn2 type r, if you get your diesel performance up to that level then please let me have a test drive!! pretty please :p :p

That's a lofty goal for a diesel accord, lol

maybe an 8th gen type s with a stage 2 remap

Hello Chaps,

Last appeal for opinions on the front and back pressures for the Rage 19" alloys on 225 35 19 Y 88's

Their being fitted tomorrow
:D

I'm currently leaning towards something I found on a TSX forum:

Up to 220 km/h Front 38 psi / 2.6 Bar Rear 34 psi / 2.4 Bar - (so this one really)

Above 220 km/h Front 41 psi / 2.8 Bar Rear 38 psi / 2.6 Bar

One thing I've learned over the past year is that quality of the tyres and what pressures you run have a massive impact on the handling of the car

I'd really appreciate any feedback from other Accord members who have run 19"s on there cars

cheers, hopefully Pics will be up tomorrow.

Thanks Tolikelis

Nice motor mate it will look great when you get the springs on.

Sorry not read the whole thread but I ran mine on 35psi All round and it was just fine.

Been running my 19's on around 34 for a year and found the outsides wore more than the middle, so going to try 36-38 this time and see how I go, wish it was easier to find the correct info!

One question why does everyone think 19's handle worse? Put your oem 17's on top of a 19 with a 35 sidewall and they are near as damn it the same size +- a couple of mm. You actually have a smaller less squirmy sidewall with the same contact area, the only negative would be ride harshness!

Hey guys thanks for the info on the pressures.

Your right its not easy to find info on non oem setups for pressures.

There seems to be two schools of thought regarding tyre presure's,

Those that prefer the higher front tyre pressure and those that prefer the all round tyre pressure levels.

I'm not sure about either yet, on my 17" epsilons I definately preferred the higher front tyre pressure as running the same pressure all round made the rear feel a little bouncy or hard.

Running matched all round pressures seems ideal for a balanced cars like like the 50-50 weighted Beemers or Quattro Audis but is there any advantage to running it on a heavey front weighted accord cdti?

I'm going to have to dial it in i think and try different setups.

I Think 34 - 36 Psi seems to be the lowest pressure for the rages but I'm not sure what the tyre place put in my set this morning so will check in the morning and advise.

I found that the 19's with the lower sidewall gave me the best high speed handling and stability. With the A Spec suspension, the ride was firm but perfectly acceptable, even around town.

Rage's are best as they run the OEM ET55 offset and that's critical here.