What's new

Rattling rattles buzzing noises etc for 03-

alnug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
Jaguar XF S
ok just want to know how many of you have problems with rattles, rattling, buzzing noises etc with their Accords?

I've compliled a few areas that may cause you issues....never had any issue with the two cars I've had but then again I take most of it apart and when i put them back I always add some extra padding etc. to potential problem areas to make sure there won't be issues later.

ok here we go:
==========================
For both Nav and standard models
==========================
- A pillars and tweeter locating lugs - these can buzz, remove and add padding
- clicking from the windows area - this can be 2 things: 1) door seals need lubricating. 2) look for my thread about adding felt to the window runners
- The airbag unit - This comes in two halves the cover (the black bit you can see on top of the dash) and the actual metal unit itself. If you remove it you'll see that there are lugs that are used to locate the metal unit to the cover..insulate these.
- Seatbelt - the height adjustment cover can buzz and also sometimes the passenger buckle gets twisted causing it to buzz.
- Electrical powr switches - these can buzz in the covers - add pvc tape
- The plastic covers which hides the screw for the indoor lever.
- The plastic covers next to the side vents - open the door and taps on the exposes dash bit next to the vent.
- The plastic covers near the floor area covering the central vents - the passenger side is held by one push clip and the drivers is a push clip and screw.
- The actual door card - there is a TSB out for this.
- Seat airbag connector - under the seats you'll see a plug taps this to see if it buzzes - add foam.

To be continued....

==========
For Navi
==========
you may get creaking type sounds from the top centre console - this is most likely the clock display unit itself - you need to take this off and pad it....if you take it out try flexing it and you'll hear the sounds..

I'm gradually sorting most of these but I've got a very creaky area in front of the arm rest, near the hand brake I think. I'm having trouble with that one :)

I had that on the n/s - I put a bit of foam inside the kick panel of the centre console to pad it. Problem solved.

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but you mention there being a TSB for the door card rattling. Do you have any more info on this? My door cards are rattling and sounds awful, even on low bass/volume music!

Cheers,
Jake