What's new

Re-Map Done

Kronos

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2. CTDI
Hi Guys

Took a ride up to Oldham on Monday where F6HAD met us in the hotel car park to do a stage 1 Re-Map.

Totally great guy, who knew his stuff back to front.

Apart from the Re-Map he gave some great advice on how to look after the car, which was very much appreciated.

Driving back to Wales on the Tuesday, seen a significant improvement on MPG ( as per on-board computer).

Car is fantastic, bags of power low down, if you need to move on the motorway just press the throttle and away you go, tremendous.

One piece of advice was to use V Power diesel. A bit more expensive, but I would definitely say the car was happier with this in the tank. Will probably feel it more when the tank is free of the cheap stuff.

All in all a worthwhile trip. If you have a 2.2 7th gen accord and haven't had this done you're missing out big time.

Many thanks F6Had, it was great to meet you.

Gus

P.S. I'll send you a 12mm socket for Xmas. :D :D :D

^^ don't worry I bought a few spares already this week haha

Thanks for the feedback, great to meet a couple of sound Welsh lads.

Been use his remap so far for 3-4 years, gear is still strong, and car is still no problem, I went for stage 2 EGR off remap, fantastic pwrformence. If without the remap, I wouldn't think I could have still own her, I believe with a good care of the car, these diesel could run forever for me..lol.

Glad to see the mobile Wok still going strong :)

I've had a bit of a search round, but am keen on some advice based on long term experience.

Luckboy, I'm ***uming yours is the 180-ish hp map at a stage-2?

How's the clutch holding up, and what's your typical mpg over the past couple of years?

I'm at a point where I can easily fit a clutch and pressure plate as I'm engine-swapping.
If the updated Honda part, or a good pattern part is up to the job, that'd be my preferred option.
A Paddle clutch seems excessive to me as I'm not really chasing hp, just looking for an economic drive.

Ray's car is running our stage 2 egr off @ 192bhp

It's a good idea to replace the clutch now and check the flywheel for play. Tolerance is 6-36mm of play from lock to lock.

Do both the EGR-off maps offer similar economy at cruise as they're only hauling the same amount of car?

I'm ***uming at 192hp, it's a case of needing a single mass flywheel and a paddle clutch?
Is that the same case at 180?

Economy gains are achievable on both stages, it's really dependant on how you drive it. I've done stage 2 on stock clutches without issue.

Sounds like a real winner Fahad.

I'll be sat on the motorway at cruise for 100 miles a day, but just need the squirt in a couple of places so probably wouldn't give it too much of a hard time at all.

No problem. Fix the car up and once ready let me know and we can book you in.

F6HAD said:
Ray's car is running our stage 2 egr off @ 192bhp

It's a good idea to replace the clutch now and check the flywheel for play. Tolerance is 6-36mm of play from lock to lock.
I'll check the tolerance mate, what do you mean look to lock is it from gear disengaged has a play? The gear stick is really firm as the short shifter mate, gear changing is still holds power when I floor it, no problem so far mate, car is at its 115k now.

No with the gearbox off, make a marking on edge of the flywheel from one lock and then spin all the way and check how far away the marking is from the edge. That's how much play you have