What's new

real bad smell

keith kane

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 icdti
Has anyone ever experienced a real bad smell after using your water jets in 7th gen accord? Smells like egg and onion.
What could possibly be causing this?

You might have sludge in the water bottle or need a new pollen filter.

Yeah, sludge in the water bottle... <_<

I've had this ever since I've had the car. It's got better over the years, but essentially, either the previous owner or the dealership I bought it from just put water in with no screen wash and it turned funky.

Lazily I just bunged loads of screen wash concentrate in without diluting and that helped cover the smell and overcome the worst of the problem. Don't know what else to do if I'm honest. It's still a bit funky smelling, but tolerable.

Why not detach the tubes from the screen jets, put some bleach in the bottle and just rinse it through a few times?

Good thinking Dan! Might have a go at that one day.

Never thought of the pollen filter... done the same myself with the screen wash but comes back as you said...

As Dan suggested- take the nozzles off and empty the washer bottle. Then add BOILING water from a kettle as this will dissolved the sludge and rinse it though. Follow with a strong milton solution (baby bottle steriliser) or home brew sterliser powder from morrisons etc and rinse through. That should sort it.

Also worth replacing the pollen filter as suggested. They are cheap enough on ebay...

Tbh I tried loads of methods and the only way was to take the bottle out and wash it properly with a brush. Since doing that it has been fine ever since.

How easy is it to remove the bottle?