What's new

Rear door issue

Wab

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
So here we go with my next issue! The drivers side rear door has ceased to open from the outside. It opens from the inside fine. Is it just a lubrication thing or are there common problems with the central locking on the 6th gen?
I love this car so I am just trying to eliminate the little niggles. :) Thanks in advance for any info.
Oh, here is a picture after a good clean up.

:)

best bet would be to get the doorcard off mate and as your trying the handle see whats happening from the inside.. will give you an idea what up with it mate.. maybe just a cable came off the handle lever...

Mine does this, it seems that the door has dropped. Still opens fine from the inside, but unless a certain method is used it won't open from the outside.

Mac youd be able to tell if the door had dropped.. the lines in the bodywork wouldnt line up... easy fix.. re adjust the door or move the latch on the body a bit to suit it :)

More than likely it the plastic on the door handle that the cable attaches to has snapped, this is what happened to mine (exactly same door) and it needs a new outside door handle. I would advise taking the door card off and having a look just to check

Great looking motor, got any more pics? Thought it was a Type R at first.