What's new

Rear Speaker upgrade help

uzy89

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hey guys, I've tried searching the solution to my problem but can't seem to get a answer properly.

Firstly, I have a 2004 Honda Accord Sport, so do I have any rear door speakers ?

I want to replace the shelf 6x9 speakers, can I use 3 way 6x9 speakers ? Is it just a simple case of swapping them over ?

Anyone recommend any good 6x9s ?

Also, as for the head unit, is there any way I can change it to get better input to the speakers etc ? I've found the audio system isnt that great and adding a new headunit and amp would increase that.

Thanks

Uzy I think on the sport you don't have rear door speakers and just two way 6x9's in the shelf.

The Exec has rear door speakers (two ways i think) and then just one way 6x9's for bass. I guess you could replace the speakers, but what is it you're looking for - more bass?

Stick better quality low power 6x9 in there, if you want bass you can hook up a slimline bass box but you probably loose mids from rear.

Thanks Fahad, Just looked into it and yeah my sport version does not have the rear door speakers and just the 2 way 6x9s, i'm looking for more bass, can i simply replace
the 6x9s for 3 way 6x9s ? for more bass and better quality ? would I need a better amp than the current one I have which is the honda head unit

I think you can get hi/lo convertors and add a small amp to get some bass. I'm not an ICE expert though bro, it's been many years since I've dabbled with this stuff.

Just whack some better 6x9s on the shelf. I you will notice a difference.. I recommend JBL as they produce very good bass and mid but tend to be quite soft high ends so shouldn't be over powering.

Thanks Fahad, Just looked into it and yeah my sport version does not have the rear door speakers and just the 2 way 6x9s, i'm looking for more bass, can i simply replace
the 6x9s for 3 way 6x9s ? for more bass and better quality ? would I need a better amp than the current one I have which is the honda head unit

I had the same problem matey, all I've done is add two 6" powered bazooka tubes in the boot . There do easy to fit and can be removed in seconds if your in a position where you need the extra space for any reason ( not that they take up a lot of space anyway ). I still have the standard door speakers in the front along with the tweeters on the dash and the standard speakers on the rear shelf ) but the sound quality is soooo much better , you can play with the bass and treble settings of the stereo so they are not doing as much work trying to produce bass which leaves them free to concentrate on mid bass plus treble , then you can play with the gain on the tubes in the boot to bring the bass in nicely .

SaS Bazooka tubes are very under rated in my opinion and the accord lends itself very nicely in terms of space and sound with these fitted.