What's new

Recall Windshield Side Trims Lifting

shaun75

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord iDtec
Hi as anyone done this recall yet ? A little heads up i just sat at my dealers, they have removed the trims so windsrceen sides are exposed (looks ugly) they are ordering the colour coded trims in & will contact me to refit.

I was told they have been causing excessive wind noise at higher speeds & have even blown off some cars so if you haven't had your notice from Honda call your local dealer to arrange this recall action.

Or check here at honda UK. http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/you-and-your-car/updates-and-recalls/

Had mine done the other day, they cracked my windscreen whilst doing it so I got a free windscreen out of it :D

O dear my nearside trim is lifting wish i'd left it now as its worse now plus it took me 2 visits to Honda to complete.

They offered me a courtesy car but i had to wait at least 2 weeks to get it, i only live round the corner & work nights so no issue for me just book in advance they should offer you one.

Note if they are not lose at the top i would leave well enough alone took them 2 attempts to do mine & they also scratched the car just ask them to say to Honda they have seen the car & all is ok at the moment.

Got my car booked in for 2nd march for this. They told me its a quick half hour job of sticking the trims back down.

Kingy91 said:
Got my car booked in for 2nd march for this. They told me its a quick half hour job of sticking the trims back down.
Then there completely wrong.
The glue needs to set for at least 6hours in the correct temperature and conditions like a body shop.
If not they will come lose again trust me Iv heard lots of horror stories on this.

Kingy91 said:
I might do as mentioned and say thanks but no thanks!
I would get this done at a dealership you trust.if it's was myself then I would take it to HH even with the 130 mile drive

I had mine done a few weeks back. Honda Wolverhampton said they'd need the car over night so I let them do the job as it was going to be done properly.

wonder if those trims are the ones that cause the wind noise from door side ..
to stick into topic
placed as well my vin number also shows that i need to replace em as well but but but ... i live in Greece :D

are these the scuttle on the side of windscreen A pillar. If so our FRV has same issue, was going to use some tiger seal. I've also seen it on other Honda models

Phoned Honda about this as the trim is lifting on the near side for me too. Honda told me that my specific car hadn't been recalled and I'd need to pay for it.........errrr what! Surely if it's doing the same as the others that are being recalled then there is a problem on my range too right?

Maybe but it may have had a new screen at some point and the clips broken then.