What's new

Recaro Seats from Accord Type R in 7th Gen Accord?

Rich_1981

Members
Reaction score
Car
Mk7 2.2 CTDI Tourer
Hi,

I used to have an ATR and to this day i still think the Recaro's that came in it are the best seats I ever had. SO, I bought some as a bit of an impulse, with fixings and rails from an 2001 ATR (seeing it as scrap brought a tear to my eye) - does anyone know if these will even fit in the 7th Gen? Will I need to adapt the mounts etc? I think I am right in saying they fitted them to the 7th Gen Euro R in Japan, so hopefully OK.....

Any advice appreciated.

Rich

There was a thread a little while back asking if ep3 seats would be a straight swap. Ukcl9 posted back suggesting that ATR seats would be a straight swap unless you've got side airbags fitted, I can imagine if you remove the seats with the airbag system your going to get warning lights on your dash (srs)?. So yes they'll fit but if you've got bags fitted it may end up giving the warning light or worse still disable the srs/airbag system completely (although I'm not sure if it's an isolated system I.e passenger/rear will still work. Sorry that was a tad long winded! And yes they are lovely, lovely recaro's to sit in

hmm, fair point and thanks for your reply. i do have side airbags, but this doesn't sound like anything a removed fuse or well positioned sticker won't fix! lol. I shall have a look into the isolation of the system. thanks for your reply, very helpful.
Rich

I'm sure there'll be a way round it. I know some of the bride seats have airbag simulators or something along those lines. Maybe this could be a solution ?

Thanks for this but I am not so fluent in French and am not overly techie minded. I have seen that I can get resistors to fool the plugs and have to do some witchcraft with wires and the fuse box but I think I am out of my depth here! Also if a car has side air bags and these are removed, is this an mot failure?

Any further advice would be appreciated.
Thanks again
Rich

I think the airbag issue is not the major problem here...its the bolt holes not aligning? I know the CL7/9 has different seat rails to the Accord Type-R...have you tried test fitting to see if the bolt holes are anywhere close to lining up?

I highly doubt seat airbags are even a noticable item during MOT if the SRS light is not on lol.

Just a little bit of a thread revival but this was the only post that matched my searched. What was the conclusion to this? Did the ATR seats and rails directly fit the 7th Gen.