What's new

Recommended LED Sidelights?

A

A-EX

Does changing the stock sidelights for LEDs show up any error warnings etc?

Also, I'm guessing the sidelights are the usual 501 fitment?

Any clarity is greatly appreciated.

;)

It would do on brake lights and indicators etc, but I very much doubt that be the case on sidelights. Wait for confirmation though from a newer accord owner ;)

If it is the 501 T10 style then i reccomend this style of LED as its the Best quality bright white light output

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320583609297#ht_2035wt_905

I have these shining on my rear licence plate

Others here have reported no problems with LEDs and I haven`t with sidelights but I had problems with stop/tail lights and reverse light. The LED stop/tail would cause the glow plug light to flash every few days and would then clear itself for a few days

The LED reverse light would cause interference on my satnav screen when I put it into reverse (I have a reverse camera fitted)

Like I said others have no problems at all

Appreciate the replies all ;)

Just got to wait for the weather to clear before I swap them over.

Not sure on the 8th gen, do you know if it's a CANBUS car?

Even so, you can get CANBUS compatible LED's and HID's on ebay with error cancellers built into them - I fitted some tonight in fact to a Vectra and BMW. Take one of your sidelight bulbs out and see if you get an error on the dash.. if not, then you can just use standard items.

Not sure if its CANBUS - at a guess I suspect that it is. I had similar error messages on my 2006 Vectra, however MTEC 501 LED sidelights cured the errors so I'll probably snare some more and try those and report back. B)

I've had LED's in my sidelights since February with no problems.

just an additional query - what bulbs are used for the number plates?

Festoon bulbs etc?

501 fitment same as side lights

Many thanks!!

Makes my task easier. I ***ume they just prize/pop out?

If the 8 gen is the same as 7th its an easy job.It tells you how yo change the number plate lamps in the Manuel.

Regarding number plate lights, I've literally just done this tonight. Open up boot lid and remove the 4 plastic pop rivets along the front edge (the one in the middle you need to unscrew with a philips screwdriver). You don't need to remove the whole thing, open it up and you'll see white plastic brackets that the existing lights are in, pinch the sides and they pull out, where you can just pull the bulb out and replace it. They're a little fiddly to get back in, do one at a time and look at the other for reference when putting it back in.