What's new

remap

johnboy

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 tourer diesel
hi guys what do we think about remapping my tourer diesel with 110k on and who would you use in my area Rossendale/Burnley

If it's a healthy car, it's not a problem.

You're round the corner from me. If you can bring to me, I can offer the club rate of £225 for the Stage 1 or 2 EGR OFF (unique to us), or £275 for a mobile tune.

Have a look in the Premier Tuning sub forum (you should be able to see it now with 5 posts), plenty of feedback and dyno plots etc.

I had the stage 1 remap that Fahad supplies over 30k ago. Could not be more pleased with the results. My car is now on 100k and still runs sweet.

I had one on my tourer, is done 10k, not sure if remap have been cleared as car had been through Honda dealer for diagnose the EGR problems...since that diagnose, every 3rd gear had been not pushing my car, all smoothed dont know why, may be my driving style is not pushing foot too hard enough..

Ray

Ray it's possible they've put it back to standard if they've tried to do a software update. Drop me a line, we'll sort something out.

Yes, I'm down in the South West all week. Drop me a line.

How much power would i get from my 2.4 with a dc sports mani and induction kit? After your remap fahad?

Ben, what year is the Type S? We can only tune 2005 onwards K24's and they're not suitable for a mobile remap, we need the car in the workshop in Leeds. You're looking at a 20bhp gain.

Well that's a good question, and one I'm trying to get an answer to myself too. We have a 2003 K24 Type S in the house and I wanted to try and locate a 2005 onwards ECU but haven't found one yet to try..

See here..

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/7946-sabys-type-s/page__st__20

Ahh yeah read all that just. Ill keep an eye out for one too. Ill buy n plug it in and see what happens if possible

Hi Ben, no I've received nothing from you mate. Best of calling me or SMS - details on the website below.

While your here fahad... do you know what revs the 2.4 is best sat at? Some cars have abit of a power dip in the rev range for econamy dont they?

No idea mate - I'd say as a rule of thumb hovering around 2K rpm in highest gear gives best economy.

ahh thats rubbish, 70 mph is 2650rpm, was hoping that 80mph wouldnt affect econamy too much

Faddy might be thinking of diesels, where 2K is 70mph.

Remember though that wind resistance does not increase linearly. Over 70 and you are will have your mpg clobbered.

Best mpg is 6th gear at 50 mph on cruse I can get 45+ mpg

They are still pushing through the same air bud. Plus the 8th is not as aerodynamic at the front.