What's new

Remove CTDI badge

smurfireland

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 executive
Hey, new to this site (pretty cool site tho) :)

Jus purchased 7th Gen Accord 2.2 Exec, Im thinking about removing the CTDI badge of the back,

Is this a DIY job or am I better getting pro to do it...?!

Any help would be appreciated.....

Thanks

Yes mate - (welcome to TA BTW).

A Hair dryer and a bit of dental floss is all that's needed.

But why hide your diesel glory? Be out, be proud leave 'em in a sooty cloud. :lol:

One post'll do dude. :D

get a hair dryer and heat up the badge then use dental floss to floss through the glue. once done use some goo gone or claybar to remove the remaining sticky stuff.

Simples

Sorry for double post, computer froze.

Thanks, il try that this eve.... scared might damage my paint work, worth a shot tho.! :) thanks

You will be fine. Just get the hair dryer and peel it off slowly, any glue left will come off with tar and glue remover and if theres any scratches get some polish.

Twas what I said! :D

i removed both the i-cdti and accord badge. i like it :D.
I would love a coloured honda badge like my s2k had but they dont do them for the accord :(

I prefer the look of it de-dabadged. Done it same way as others have suggested.

Debadged gives the rear end a nice clean look! i am still undecided if i want to go to that route. But will be removing mine at some point as the badges could do with replacing.

i took the ictdi badge off, and the accord badge off, looks much cleaner

I've debadged every car I've had, did the Beemer the first day in fact

Never thought about it TBH, would make cleaning a little bit easier.

Personal preference really but I have to say I'd prefer to leave the Accord badge on, it's a nice text in my opinion! In fact I'd like to see a "2.2" badge on it because people always say "oh is it a 1.9?" :huh: Just to clear up any of their confusion! :p

I like the Accord badge on my cars backside. Lets people know what it was that went past. And that its not a f*****g Lexus.

Anyone got a pic of a de-badged rear for comparison.

HondaPicturessamsungEX1028.jpg

debage%252520h.jpg

debage.jpg

Quick bit of photoshoppy....

it does look a lot cleaner at the back with out the badges, i always remove all my cars badges always the first thing i do.

I wish to change the from badge h to the red h, is that the same way of removing using heat gun any good? Much appreciated..

The H has two small pins locating it. You'll probably break it when you take it off.

Guys,it doesn't look really good in my opinion.As Dan Robinson said Be proud of your DIESEL Petrolfuc*er :)