What's new

Removing rear tail light

Blong91

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport 2.0
Hi all, was changing my LEDs over and accidently dropped one into the brake/tailight housing in my saloon. I have previously removed the lights on the boot but can't seem to remove this to get the bulb out of the housing.

I have removed the 3 nuts from it but it just isn't budging. Thanks

You want to remove the tail light housing from the Saloon? There six bolts that hold this on - three on the top and then three on the bottom. On bottom three two hold a bracket to the chassis which the final bolt goes into the tail-light. So you've another three to remove.

<edit> If this is the outer tail-light (i.e. the one in the rear-wing). The inner taillight (i.e. the one in the bootlid) is only three bolts.

Cheers mate, yeah its the outer one and the three bolts have been removed but the thing just won't budge out

Ah yeah, but for that outer one it's six bolts. You've another three to remove.

I must be going blind, could only see three. Will have another look tomorrow thanks

Thanks for your help mate. Can that bolt be got at without bumper removal?

Nope - Rear bumper has to come off :(

You can partially remove it, but then when you re-fit, it generally doesn't line up right. I suggest it comes off clean to get at the bracket.

I'm tired - actually part 23 is a screw, not bolt .... :blush:

The bumper?

Aye, looks like its just gonna have to come off, can't seem to fish the light out lol.