What's new

Removing rear window interior side trims on Gen 7 facelift

mikdys

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 EX
Anybody know how to do this and if there might be any issues with the airbags?

I've had a loss of TMC data for the best part of this year and I have now got to the point (having tried various other things) where I think it might be an arial connector issue with the rear window. Not sure how to remove the side trims to check this though....

No I don't but if you go onto Lings HOP website you might be able to see an exploded diagram to give you a clue.

No idea how to remove the trims but the air bag igniters are behind the A-pillar (that's the windscreen side pillar) trims so I can't see you having a problem with them.

Alan

Before you pull it to bits, have you traveled a reasonable distance from home to see if it bursts in to life?
My reason for asking is I have noticed mine going red over part of my journey but it is repeatable in the same area so I am guessing there is a problem with transmitters in that area.

Took the trims out - they just pull out on the usual "trim clips" and no worries with the airbags.

All connections to the window were OK so that's not the TMC issue.

TMC doesn't work (anywhere within the radius of 150 miles that I have travelled) and I've spent the best part of a year trying to fix this now before deciding to just give up on it. It was useful on the M25 trips I make every month or so (to see which of three possible ways might be blocked by the usual hold ups on this motorway) but I'm now checking on the internet before setting off and listening to the radio for traffic news instead. Not as good as TMC but not the end of the world.