What's new

Removing Tourer Roof Bars

Moon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
I'd like to give my roof a decent clean and restore the rubbers along either side with some Gtechniq C4, so I'd like to remove the bars in order to do so as they're hard to work around.

I've seen there is a 'hatch' on each one around the middle, but once I remove this (and presumably the bolts hidden underneath), where do I go from there?

Also, once removed, does it leave gaps in the rubber, in which case I'll wait until a day when it's not raining, maybe August time judging by the weather forecast.

Secondly, I spent about an hour last night looking for the 'how to install parking sensors' thread, yet couldn't find it.

Either it's disappeared or I'm rubbish at searching, and my guess is the latter, so does anybody please have a link for it?

Cheers.

Either it's disappeared or I'm rubbish at searching, and my guess is the latter, so does anybody please have a link for it?

I think I know the one you mean. It seems to have gone. It was called 'diy-fitting-genuine-reversing-sensors-7th-gen' and had loads of photos about bumper removal, stripping out the rear trim panels and locating the socket in the loom to take the Honda module. Wish I'd printed it now, I've half a mind to fit some too...

I think I know the one you mean. It seems to have gone. It was called 'diy-fitting-genuine-reversing-sensors-7th-gen' and had loads of photos about bumper removal, stripping out the rear trim panels and locating the socket in the loom to take the Honda module. Wish I'd printed it now, I've half a mind to fit some too...

Or even one on fitting non-OEM will do, as I reckon I can manage to drill holes and then my 'expertise' runs out.

Be good if I knew how to remove the bumper, trims etc for starters.

Or even one on fitting non-OEM will do, as I reckon I can manage to drill holes and then my 'expertise' runs out.

Be good if I knew how to remove the bumper, trims etc for starters.

When my parking sensors started acting up, I pulled it all apart to figure out how it worked and check for loose connections etc.

It's actually really simple taking it all apart. It just needs a little logic applying to figure out how everything is attached. From memory you need to remove the bolts by the rear lights, the screws in the rear wheel arch, the bolt that connects the very leading tip of the bumper to the wheelarch, and there are 3 or 4 bolts underneath the car.

Once you've got all the bolts/screws off, you can't just pull it straight off. At either side of the car behind the wheel arch, the bumper is attached with these plastic clips, so you need to 'peel' the bumper away from the car, from the wheelarch back.

Wish I'd taken pictures of it all now!

When my parking sensors started acting up, I pulled it all apart to figure out how it worked and check for loose connections etc.

It's actually really simple taking it all apart. It just needs a little logic applying to figure out how everything is attached. From memory you need to remove the bolts by the rear lights, the screws in the rear wheel arch, the bolt that connects the very leading tip of the bumper to the wheelarch, and there are 3 or 4 bolts underneath the car.

Once you've got all the bolts/screws off, you can't just pull it straight off. At either side of the car behind the wheel arch, the bumper is attached with these plastic clips, so you need to 'peel' the bumper away from the car, from the wheelarch back.

Wish I'd taken pictures of it all now!

So do I, but thanks. :)

Anyone got any advice on removing the roof bars, or has nobody ever done it?

Mine hasn't got any so sorry I can't help, but would this parts diagram give you any clues?

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=08L0401&block_03=517

Mine hasn't got any so sorry I can't help, but would this parts diagram give you any clues?

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=08L0401&block_03=517

Cheers mate, appreciate that.