What's new

Replacing Foglights for 2012 Type S Tourer

zwaheli

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S Tourer
Hello anyone.
Sorry i am new to this forum apologies if this isnt the right place to post this.

I have a cracked passenger foglight that Honda have kindly offered to replace for £256 plus VAT....... Obviously i would prefer to not pay this and have seen the actaul parts on ebay for £50.
Does anyone know if this is an easy component to replace on the new accords. I am a reasonable Diy'er with a bit of experience from my earlier days on old golfs etc. Is this a no-no or do you think it is possible to replace the foglight pack relatively easily.

Any help/advise would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Zwaheli

Kieran anything is possible with a bit of knowledge and the right tools and attitude.

I've not done one on an 8th gen but the principle will be the same on the 8th gen. You are most likely going to need to remove the bumper to get to it. Honda bumpers are normally held on with 10mm plastic pop rivets and some 10mm bolts under the wing/arch liner and on the underside corner of the bumpers.

Once you have a good look at it under the light, it should be a fairly easy job to undertake. I'd DIY it.

Thanks F6HAD i will give it a go in the light tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Ironically Honda told me i was lucky that it was the accord to replace the f/light as the civics are £400 plus to change....................................
i didnt feel that lucky!!!

:lol:

Start by removing the plastic top cover that covers the slam panel above the radiator.. from there look at possibly removing the clips that look as if they hold the bumper to the front panel and work your way around.

Again, the bumer will have plastic rivets and maybe 10mm bolts that hold it to the body underneath and almost definitely a 10mm bolt on either side under the arch.

Thanks mate i will have a ganders tomorrow.
BTW did you mean above or below the radiator? or is that a stupid question.
I am ***uming all the bolts/clips are under the bumper not in the engine bay?

Thanks

Might, I say might, be possible with the front up on ramps, to undo the plastic clips, pull the arch liner under the bumper down, as described in the fog light bulb change instruction in the handbook. And then unscrew the lamp bracket.

Its held by 2 screws, have a look at the parts diagrams on Lings Honda.

I've had one cracked, so I've put some clear 3M film on.

Good luck

If you want to remove the bumper, photo1 in the first post of this guide shows where all the fixings are on the grille cover above the radiator. Check them as you take them out, if they are original, then some are longer than others and need to go back in the same holes.
There is a screw in the wheel arch shown in photo 4.
Along the bottom of the bumper there are also a few clips similar size to the ones on the grille cover, plus two hex-head screws that hold the bumper to the inner fender (plastic wheel arch). These can be difficult to get out intact, because the captive nuts in the plastic fender rust up.
But it is easy to remove, I've done it on my own. Putting it back can be a bit more fiddly, but only fiddly.

Here is an exploded view of what the bumpers look like on the 7th gen, here is grille cover, and here is the inner fender.
For exploded views of your own car, start here

Guys I will be doing my fog Iight when the weather improves.
It's a easy job trust me.
I'm hoping to just take 1 side of the bumper off to get to the 3 screws holding the fog in

If you're going to remove one side of the bumper, you'll still need to do more than in the DIY link for the headlight removal. because to get at the fog light you'll have to pull the bumper off the innrer fender, and that won't happen without removing the hex-head screws and the clips along the bottom, by whcih time the bumper would almost come off completely.

The only way to do it without removing the bumper IMO is to do something like Rich said in #6, but I think you'd still need to remove the hex-head screws that secure the bumper to the inner fender.

If you're going to remove one side of the bumper, you'll still need to do more than in the DIY link for the headlight removal. because to get at the fog light you'll have to pull the bumper off the innrer fender, and that won't happen without removing the hex-head screws and the clips along the bottom, by whcih time the bumper would almost come off completely.

The only way to do it without removing the bumper IMO is to do something like Rich said in #6, but I think you'd still need to remove the hex-head screws that secure the bumper to the inner fender.
Brian iv had the bumper off a few times so i will do a diy for this.Im sure i can just take a few clips off and pull the bumper down to get to the fogs.
There are 2 screws under the wheel arc and 3-4 clips underneath pop these out job done.
From memory of my 7th gen the 8th gen is much easier.