What's new

Replacing front wheel studs

jmcgahern

Members
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I sort of know the answer to this one already, but has anyone managed to replace a front wheel stud on a 7th gen while the hub is still on the car? I've seen a few videos on youtube where Honda studs were ground a little at the back to get them clear of the stub.

Hub needs to come off unfortunately.
Also you will probably damage the bearing as well so something to consider

Bearing in mind the studs are what keep your wheels attached to your car... I wouldn't take any shortcuts!

As above SAFETY FIRST.

I wouldn't do it with the hub still on it. You have hit on it hard probably damaging the bearing and will have a ballache getting the new one imo with the little space available won't go in without hacking it i imagine.

Easy if you seperate it and do it on a bench. But who has access to a press?

If you do it, please do a write up with plenty of pics. would be great diy

I've a few studs that are a little bent and I'm due a new set of discs shortly, I'll have a good snoop when doing the discs and decide then if it is worth tackling. If I do, I will of course record my progress. I recently did the front ARB bushes too, will stick up a diy shortly.

Great stuff no diy for the front, you have to drop the subframe slightly, should help others.

The only problem with the wheel studs I see, to do it properly you need access to a press then it's fairly straight forward.

Let us know your progress.