What's new

Replacing OEM navigation with aftermarket - chinees one

morpheous87

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 7
Hi,

My Accord 2003 seems to be equiped with the most useless navigation unit off all! My navigation can't be upgaraded to 3.XX version, the DVD-ROM navigator unit is the most crappy of all, I can't put a rear view cammera beacuse of lack of video input. So I decided to get rid of the OEM navigation and I'm thinking about one 8" chineese aftermatket navigation.
Like this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121440778613?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My question is, can I plug and play install this unit? Should I be aware about some harness issues?

I think you have to check that's it for a diesel or petrol as the air con works different for both.

I think they are designed for a car with non sat nav to begin with

They are designed for non Satnav car yes but petrol and diesel wiring different so ensure it works with diesel

Well the guy that sells this unit, told me it's OK, and it will control the Dual zone aircon and everything else. Just the unit is not that sharp on the bottom and a gap will be opened after installing.

Adamski said:
Did you went for it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
would be interested how it went as well as need to replace mine
Merv

Did you went for it?
morpheous87 said:
Well the guy that sells this unit, told me it's OK, and it will control the Dual zone aircon and everything else. Just the unit is not that sharp on the bottom and a gap will be opened after installing.

Did you went for it?

morpheous87 said:

Original post goes back to 2014 guys not sure your going to get a reply. The general opinion on here is the Chinese eBay units are garbage. Avoid