What's new

Resetting your service reminder

vile

T A Terminator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4 Manual
Guys and girls this is a guild on how to reset your service reminder code to the next service.

Park your vehicle and turn your ignition switch on to position 2.
Press the SEL/RESET button on the steering wheel to bring up the service info.
Press and hold the SEL/RESET button for about 10 seconds.
This will bring up another display with 4 options.Click up or down using the arrows on the steering wheel to the reset logo.
This should be the 3rd one down with the 2 circled arrows going clock wise.
Once your on this logo press the SEL/RESET again and this will reset your system and bring up the next service due.

One thing to remember do not reset your system unless the required service has been done.If you do this it will mess up your service schedule.

I did this today but it reset to 280 days rather than a full year? Is this just 280 days until it starts to count down again?
Thanks
Scott

I bought a second hand 8th gen and serviced everything. My service did not reset the reminder and it was still saying I have to change "2" - which is the dust filter. I did a reset and it went back to "A / 360", and "A" means oil change. But my oil was also just changed, so I reset it again and now it says "B / 360".

The problem is that "B" means "Inspection Service", that does not include oil change. But I would expect that an oil change should happen every year and "Inspection" should be done on every oil change anyway. Trying to reset the reminder again just let's it sit on "B / 360". Is it normal? Why wouldn't the car suggest I change the oil (A) as well?

The order of the rest codes are in the handbook.

If your not following the service reminder and doing it every 12 months instead. you can get it switched off.

Go to a dealers and have the service reminder taken off for free.
I did this and went back to a normal Honda service schedule of 12.5k or 12 months.
BTW because you have reset this twice its no longer reliable and your service schedule will be all over the place.
Previous owners might have done this as well hence the service coded you are getting.

I'll probably remove the reminder at the dealer on next oil change.

But back to the question - I can see all the service codes in my book. I can also see that oil change is 12.5k miles (20k km actually) / 12 months (whichever comes first). So after I reset the oil change reminder, why is it back to B / 360 where B is just "Inspection" but no oil change?

B is an inspection and the 360 is probably days until the B service is due.
If so there will be a little sun and moon from memory

how do you discribe for mrmory man
o.png

Yes, 360 is days, if you drive over 1000 miles per month, it would change to miles remaining instead of days. But I was more curios about the "B". As oil has to be changed every 360 days anyway. And oil change is "A". So why do I see "B" which is just inspection. Maybe "AB" would make more sense (I've also seen that on forums - AB meaning oil change + inspection).

Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter for me that much anyway. I'm a bit pedantic about maintenance and will never wait for the car to remind me servicing is due.

Hi

I've currently got my 2 and 5 services (pollen filter and coolant) due. If I did these two myself then did this reset would it cause any issues? Does it just reset it as the dealership would i.e. it would just set 2 and 5 as complete and reset the timer on them or does it fully reset the timer for all the other services too?

Get a little book and record in pen and ink all "service" related actions, also half the oil change regime. 6,000 is quite enough, although the filter can be left for 12,000. A record like that will stand you in good stead, and a "history" will soon build up as to which and who gives the best value for money.