What's new

Returning to honda ownership !

Si38

Members
Reaction score
Car
2010 Type-S Accord
Morning folks ,,,,, after some years in the wilderness of yeti ownership, sore backs and noisy cabins I've decided to come back to honda,,,,, bought a basque red 2010 type s accord (27k) yesterday , picking up today, lovely car.

Any real problems that I should be looking for ?

DPF on the diesel models. Check for the warning light on the dash. Also essential if runs on the correct oil with low SAPs suitable for the DPF.

If you can get the error codes read to see if there have been any DPF warnings.

Mileage seems very low on that one for a diesel, so check through the paperwork to verify it. Most diesel 4 years old have done at least 80k miles if not more.

Check you get 2 keys also, as replacements are over £150. Sat Nav disk. Service books.

Check the windscreen side trim recall has been done at Honda.

As above really, DPF on the diesel is the biggest source of pain but solvable with a removal and remap.

Otherwise the usual checks really..

Diesel also suffers with a cracked egr bypass pipe but also solvable with a switch off in a remap.

Fahad , is the s type clutch/flywheel stronger in the s type than the lower powered dtecs ? How much can you add to the 180 bhp ?

Yes uprated clutch, turbo and intercooler.

With DPF in situ, 45bhp is sensible. With it removed you can make as much as nearly 60bhp if pushed hard.

There are some wild claims out there if you ask about but these are realistic figures i'm quoting.

Just spent the afternoon looking around in new car ,,,, what a car ! Driving position and seat are perfect , pull from the engine is surprisingly good , handling is brilliant for such a large car.

Long time since I smiled and laughed whilst driving.

She will be staying standard for now, don't need anymore.

Happy man.

Congrats on the new purchase.

Little thing I found which is known and still bothers me is you can get a judder on reversing on slight slope. This is engine mounts but I've been told by 3 dealers mine is within tolerance but a bit annoying you have to rev a bit harder than liked to get rid of it.

My drive is on a slight slope so I encounter this every day :-( I'm going to change mine within the next few months but only as it annoys me

Do miss a sunroof on the type s :-( you can't have everything I suppose

Must admit didn't like it over my 06 plate at first but it's growing on me after a year

Im on the lookout for one too but finding the right car is proving troublesome!
Get some photos up :)

Sounds lovely mate, put some pics up. If you do decide to mod it, take a look at impne's it's the most stunning type s you will find