What's new

Revive Smart Repair

Monks

Admin / Co-Founder
Reaction score
Car
-
Last June I had some bumper and panel work undertaken by a Revive http://www.revive-uk.com/repairs/revive_smart_repairs/

I chose revive as they are very similar to normal smart repairs but you can opt to have a whole panel sprayed in the normal manor just at home. For the bumpers they can just spray half the bumper at a cost of £80 and a whole panel is £120.

Having done some haggling I was able to get the whole front bumper resprayed and the rear tailgate trim panel for £200. They cancelled my appointment a couple of times as they said the weather wasnt right good and the finish would be affected. This I was impressed with and the work they did was very good no orange peel and no surface contamination that could be seen.

So over a year on whats my opinion?

Well I think if your going to sell the car and want a quick solution but dont want the normal naff smart repair its a good solution. If however you want a long term solution and your fussy like me then its not a viable option. The reason being after the winter I started to notice the top coat peeling nothing major but enough to cause me concern. I feel the reason being is although you cant see contamination when the job is done the fact the whole spraying process is done outside on your drive means that some must occur.

Its this contamination I feel eventually caused the top coat to peel, for alot of customers this wouldnt be an issue and Im sure some wouldnt even notice. But for a car lover and some one who knows about these things it would be a disappointment.

Now luckily or unlucky I needed to replace the rear trim and bumper anyway which have now been done so I dont have to live with the effects. I just thought this may help someone in the future that is considering such an option.

i can have a look yeh. problem with smart repairs is you cannot replicate the conditions of a spray booth and oven outside of ...................a spray booth and oven lol. you may get away with a good machine pollish but i will have a ganders tomorrow

Good review Andy, and totally agree - I've had tons of experience with allsorts of bodyshops now.. paintwork is all about preparation, skill and having the right ambient conditions with good dust extraction.

The same with tinting, you just can't do it outside...

the main issue i think with smart repairs is foremost skill of the individual and then it comes down to the environment as to whether you're lucky or not to have favourable conditions.....but guess it always comes down to price at the end of the day.

I've also used revive and to be fair they (or maybe i should say he) did a good job and it was only the bottom corner of the front lip, so tbh i just needed it patched up but yes i can spot the difference in paint colour but it's held up well over the 2 years it's been on.